Are the Devs responding somewhere?

Fabiano1979

Chieftain
CIV VI is a good game and will become a great entry for the series, but right now theres a lot of issues with the game (exploits, unbalance, bugs, bad AI).

So, Im trying to find any Dev answers about patchs (I stopped playing until some of the errors are fixed). Am I correct that there's no answer so far ? I tried here and the official forum and nothing.

Maybe there's something on reddit or twitter that I dont know about?

If really there's none, isnt this silence policy really bad? I mean, I think that Paradox's approach is a very good example on how to deal with the community after realesing a game. Theres always many devs posts on the official forum and they even make devs diaries. That way, even if their game are somewhat broken at realease (Im looking at you Stellaris), you always know what the devs are doing to fix things and most of the time you have a ETA, even if is something vague like late next month.

Firaxis normally is silent after release but we know they are working on a major patch, they always do, even though it normally take a while (1 month after launch, more or less). My guess is that we will see a patch by the end of the month, then the first DLC right after that (early December).

Personally I am enjoying it greatly and just laughed rather than cried when today I saw our good fine Norwegian neighbor battling a barbarian galley with 5 embarked heavy Chariots.

Its playable, too beatable and has lots of annoying features and some fine exploits but playable and enjoyable.

I am trying to avoid "best strategy Every Time" at the moment because when it gets harder I do not want to be so bored of doing the same thing. I am playing for fun, to do things different and its more fun than the same old grind to me.

lets see now

- the AI is war mad and always spawns right next to you and gunning for you within 50 turns.
- the war wariness is hell.
- everyone will always hate you.
- the Ai are back stabbing MOFO that should never EVER be trusted with trade deals.
- the religion spam is horrendous.
- the popups are annoying.

but it's playable :lol:

The game has tons of unrealized potential. I remain optimistic that it'll get there. I'm enjoying it enough that I don't regret dropping money on the digital deluxe edition. Time will tell if that changes. I doubt they'll say much until a patch is ready.

It's not a good game, it's a decent half-assed game. Playable but far from actually good

^^^ Entirely your opinion. It is an EXCELLENT game and a successor to Civ V by leaps and bounds. Thousands of folks playing the game now completely nullify your idea that it is not a good game.

Oh and I am having a blast playing my 3rd epic game on an enormous map.

As a special snowflake, I too demand answers.
Quoted because I can only hit the like button once. :lol:

In response to the OP, I'm sure the devs have continued working on the game since release and have been reading our concerns and bug reports. We will get a patch when it's ready and not a moment sooner. The exploits will be removed, bugs will be squashed and things will be balanced in an orderly fashion that doesn't introduce more problems then it solves.

The train just left the station and we've got a lot of fun hours and sleepless nights ahead of us with this great game, just enjoy it for what it is right now and settle in for the long haul. :)

lets see now

- the AI is war mad and always spawns right next to you and gunning for you within 50 turns.
- the war wariness is hell.
- everyone will always hate you.
- the Ai are back stabbing MOFO that should never EVER be trusted with trade deals.
- the religion spam is horrendous.
- the popups are annoying.

but it's playable :lol:
Thought you were talking about civ 5 there for a second until i remembered war weariness wasn't in civ 5 :)

Most people just need to get to grips with the new systems. If they just kept the same old game play people would complain it was a lazy expansion packaged as a new game, if they make a new game people complain it isn't what they were used to.

The only real half finished problem with the game currently is the lack of information it gives to the player at expected points such as needing to reference back to the civilopedia to get important information constantly (e.g. adjacency bonuses for districts should be in tool tips) or not really explaining mechanics properly, or at all (e.g. the amenity system) but in other ways it is clearer than ever such as the diplomacy system where i can now generally tell why an AI has DoW'd me or doesn't like me because it tells you what each leader does and doesn't like and the AI leaders will come and tell you that indirectly also.e.g. Norway is always poking fun at my small or non existent navy in my current game. The game tells you Norway doesn't like civs with a small navy and it is also clear from the victory menus that i have a much smaller military score than Norway so he DoW'd me. Norway didn't DoW me by saying you have no navy and i appear to have a bigger military than you but all the signs we given to me to show me that is why he DoW'd me.

As a special snowflake, I too demand answers.

First, Im demanding nothing. im just asking if anyone kwons if the Devs already spoke somewhere regarding patches.

Also, if I was demanding, I dont see this request as a favour to a "special snowflake". There's something called post sales support and having a good comunication with clients is the step one of it.

Mentioned in another thread. Game is logging ALOT of data. Several log files have AI prefix to them so it is assumed to be tracking AI moves

What they plan to do with it we don't know. But the game calls in to 2k servers everytime we play

Probaby better to use this thread to discuss waiting for the patch

http://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/patch-waiting-area.603291/

Top Bottom