Are the Horsemen Supposed to kill Floodplains?

I'm Sheaim, AC 40 hits and Stephanos spawns three tiles from my capital. :eek: Luckily, I have plenty of skeletons to hold him off until I get spirit mana hooked up and my giant army takes him out. However, when the dust cleared, all my floodplains were gone. :confused: Now my capital has three cruddy desert tiles. Is this a real feature or a bug? I've never heard of it before.

I believe that the horsemen have autoraze, which for some reason clears features (forests, floodplains, etc) instead of just improvements.

Features are also cleared by the spread and recession of hell terrain.

Ok that makes sense. There is no hell terrain yet so it must have been the autoraze. Stephanos did pillage my cottages on the floodplains, so he must have also destroyed the floodplain at the same time. Well if it is just a bug I guess I'll just change them back in worldbuilder.

Yes, it must be autoraze on steroids. ;)

I noticed that when he lands on a tile with a Town, for example, the whole town is gone. He still has movement pts. And, as stated, he does his own brand of terraforming too.

You really need to get at those bad guys quick or they can do a lot of damage to your civ besides killing units and taking cities.

I believe that the horsemen have autoraze, which for some reason clears features (forests, floodplains, etc) instead of just improvements.

Features are also cleared by the spread and recession of hell terrain.

Does this same thing occur with the Doveillo hero War Machine too? I haven't built it in so long that I forgot how it auto-razes improvements.

I believe the War Machine does clear features too. It is quite good at ruining Elven lands filled with improved Ancient Forests.

clearing FLOODPLAINS does seem extreme though. maybe that should be mentioned in the bug thread? I don't see how anyone could raze or pillage a floodplain :lol:

I didn't know about this feature. Now I really have to try the Doviellos :p

I guess that this (inappropriately) removes marshes too, then. That should be fixed at the same time.

Top Bottom