Are you interested in a Civ4 MTDG?

Are you intersted?

• Total voters

Ginger_Ale

Lurker
Retired Moderator
Please do not vote in this poll if you voted in this one in the Civ4 DG forums! One vote per person, please.

This is a poll to gauge the interest level for a Civ4 MTDG (this one will be for the Civ3 MTDG crowd - the other for the Civ4 DG crowd. If you're in both just vote in either one.) RM and I would like to know how much participation there will be.

YEes but either this game or civ4 DG needs to end first

We have to wait or 'import' the teams from Civ3 MTDG

Import the teams? We'd just start new teams...people can stay with the same people if they'd like, or switch around. We'll get some new blood too.

It's good to see there's over 30 votes for "Yes" in under 2 days.

I am certainly interested in the Civ4 MTDG, but realistically, I’m not sure I’d have time before the Civ3 MTDG ends.

I’d prefer to see it not start till later – but maybe I can just lurk till the current game ends… then become more active.

1 possible problem with a Civ 4 MTDG is that I don't know how to make balanced maps in Civ 4. I've heard that Civ 4 has an option for balanced maps, but I do not have sufficient knowledge on that yet to know if it is truly balanced -but still fun- or unbalanced or balanced -but no fun-.

The map will most likely be a random generated map, so there is a chance teams get a better start than other teams.

Rik Meleet said:
1 possible problem with a Civ 4 MTDG is that I don't know how to make balanced maps in Civ 4. I've heard that Civ 4 has an option for balanced maps, but I do not have sufficient knowledge on that yet to know if it is truly balanced -but still fun- or unbalanced or balanced -but no fun-.

The map will most likely be a random generated map, so there is a chance teams get a better start than other teams.
I believe Civ4 is actually designed to generate balanced maps...
Plus having perfectly equal maps isn't the funnest either

Yeah, we would have to either (a) find someone to make a balanced map, or (b) just use the "Balanced" map setting, which gives a Pangea-esque map, I think, with evenly distributed resources.

These results are pretty promising...RM and I will probably pass them on to TF to see if this convinces him a bit more. ;)

General_W: People are certainly welcome to lurk, you don't have to put as much time into it as you have done with the Civ3 MTDG (which is a lot!)

well can always get someone running the game to creae a map and check its ok if anyone is worried.

Well, how about we look at the CIV reference written by Sirian?

Balanced
Global Map: World Wrap left to right
Oceanic Map: 84 plots wide, 52 plots tall, at "Standard" map size
Balanced Strategics: This map script will ensure that all players have the key strategic resources within four plots of their starting location.

So, no one is without strategic resources. It says nothing about food/lux, but it's better than nothing, and there are usually food resources near the starts. Maximize the amount of land on the map, and you pretty well assured that there will be food and luxes nearby.

I would suggest someone take a look at Balanced, Lakes, Tropical (to reduce the chances of an Ice start), High Sea Level (more chokes), and see via the worldbuilder if that type of map is suited for an MP game.

When we get a forum or something we can generated some maps in WorldBuilder and post some screenshots for comparison/discussion.

Keep in mind that RM, Rik, and/or I could look at the map ahead of time (with the password for the WB) to make sure no one gets an ice start when everyone else gets tons of resources.

RM and I (well, really just him ;)) sent him a PM today using the results of these polls and past history as the crux of our argument. We'll let you know when we get a reply.

Ginger_Ale said:
RM and I (well, really just him ;)) sent him a PM today using the results of these polls and past history as the crux of our argument. We'll let you know when we get a reply.

Still no reply then?

Top Bottom