Armenia

kebabji

Chieftain
Parevner hye (yev, anshooshd, odar) ungerner.
EDIT: Sorry it took me so long to post this sucker up. been working 12+hours a day for some time an I didn't want to post the file 'till it's a little less half-assed (I can't stress how half assed it is so far) but figured I'll post it anyway, do with it what you will. Post changes (PLEASE). files. additions. suggestions. etc. Nothing is final and I've got big dreams for this.

pre-alpha zipped: http://cl.ly/1Y0U2L2p2e1U2F3P303K
Next Upload Changes:
Wiki entries entirely changed.
Cataphract placed. in right era.
several Unit tweaks.
Color changes.
Working on buildings.
several things i don't quite remember.

The Armenian Empire under Tigran The Great (Tigranes II)
It's my first mod, will upload what I have so-far (though very, very crude) soon.
I gave the civ some culture bonuses
so far it's got 3 new units that I haven't really meddled with apart from graphics.
Made all the basic dds files and all that good stuff
I'll be reworking the civ entries (so they're not copy pastes from wikipedia)
I'll be adding a building, maybe a few.
I'll be changing the colors and hopefully, eventually, making some models.

I could use some help, advice, etc. What would you like to see in this civ?

sorry for the lazy post - I am very, very sleepy.

I'm assuming the Armenian Cataphract replaces knight. If so, isn't 30 str a little OP? Even if it replaces lancer, that still is stronger by alot than any unit out there.

Furthermore, I was under the impression that the 'Cataphracts' were primarily used in Ancient Armenia.

Sorry it took me so long to post this sucker up. I've been working 12+ hours a day for some time now and I didn't want to post anything till it's a little less half-assed but figured I'll post it anyway, do with it what you will. Post changes. files. additions. suggestions. etc. Nothing is final and I've got big dreams for this.
I started it by using mabelair's canada mod so there might be traces of it left behind.

ArmenianHighland.com, is a treasure trove of information for ancient Armenian history, origins, and ethnogenisis. And that new research has been done, and has rendered old theories of the Armenian nation, obsolete, Armenia and the general caucus area is now theorized to be the home of all Caucasian, hence the name "Caucasion" from the Caucasus's.

been gone for quite a bit, life got a bit hectic but working on releasing a new version soon

Thanks, but how to use/load this?!?!?

Also, fedayi is more of a rifleman than infantry (19th century).

OKAY I UPDATED AND FIXED YOUR MOD BUDDY.
I COULD CARE LESS ABOUT CREDITS THOUGH I DIDN'T TOUCH THEM

Following Fix's

• No more TXT_KEY_UNIT BLAH BLAH BLAH
  • FIXED CATARACT and FEDAYEE STRENGTH (MADE REALISTIC)
  • MADE FEDAYEE RIFLEMAN BY REQUEST (IT WAS GOOD IDEA)
  • FEDAYEE CAN NOW MOVE AFTER ATTACK, JUST LIKE IT WAS WHEN WE WERE FIGHTING THE TURKS.

OVERALL IS A SOLID MOD NOW!!! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

WILL BE CREATING EXTENSIVE MAP CALLED EDEN

HERE IS A LINK FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT REGISTERED TO FORUMS

http://www.qfpost.com/file/d?g=PuUqvQRAb

Attachments

• Armenia - Empire of the Highlands.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 198
This map contains accurate representation of the Ancient Armenian Empire, mixed with some modern cities, and omitting non-inhabited cities.

The Following Mods are recommended with this map.

Ancient Mediterranean Civilization Pack 1 & 2
Ancient Mediterranean City States Pack
Armenian Empire Mod, Posted in the above post.

Download the Map Here

http://www.sendspace.com/file/lvd71i

Let me know if you have any questions.
I am not sure if random start locations interfere with anything so let me know.

I was completely chocked when i saw this.
Holy ... amazing mod!
The only things you should change are these :

1. The civilization text is, WAY TOO LONG. You should explain with 5 - 10 lines about ancient Armenia, and another 10 - 5 lines about how Armenia to this day survives and it's people are among the strongest. Look at how other Civilization texts work. You get alittle history, then in the middle, a very big space appears with no text then further down alittle more text, and in the end " can you bring Armenia to her former glory? Can you build a civilization to stand the test of time?"
2. Just a few more, high quality photos.
When you do that, this will be the ultimate mod :D

I was completely chocked when i saw this.
Holy ... amazing mod!
The only things you should change are these :

1. The civilization text is, WAY TOO LONG. You should explain with 5 - 10 lines about ancient Armenia, and another 10 - 5 lines about how Armenia to this day survives and it's people are among the strongest. Look at how other Civilization texts work. You get alittle history, then in the middle, a very big space appears with no text then further down alittle more text, and in the end " can you bring Armenia to her former glory? Can you build a civilization to stand the test of time?"
2. Just a few more, high quality photos.
When you do that, this will be the ultimate mod :D

However, now i am facing a problem. I can't really get the mod to work. When i download the actual files, where should i extract them to ? Extracting to Documents/My games/Sid meiers civilization v/MODS, makes the game crash.

I restarted playing this game and started searching for an armenian civilization mod - I HAD COMPLETELY FORGOTTEN ABOUT HOW I STARTED ONE AND just left it to dry - thanks for the update bako1 and take all the credit you want, I don't really care - just glad people are still into it

Top Bottom