Armies of Africa: Mahdist Sudan

Balam-Agab

God King
Warriors of Mahdist Sudan who served in the armies of Muhammad Ahmad (known to the British as the Mad Mahdi) and his followers. This pack contains early warriors from the rise of the Mahdi between 1881 and the fall of Khartoum in 1885 and later soldiers who fought to expand the Mahdist state from 1885, but were defeated by the British in 1898.

Credits to Kinboat, utahjazz7, CamJH, Plotinus, Micaelus, Steph, and Moeniir.

Download

Attachments

• Late Mahdist Cavalry Pedia.zip
    837.3 KB · Views: 143
Wonderful units. Great work Balam-Agab. :):goodjob:

Outstanding mate,
any desert forces are very needed indeed. The camel cavalry I believe is filling a gap dearly needed.

Thanks everyone.

I've added the missing pedia icons to the top post. I'll add them to the main file when i've got better internet access.

Yes, very good.

Also an interesting, but lesser known, but significant era. Full of colorful characters.

Winston Churchill wrote an excellent book called " The River War." Documenting the struggles in the Sudan from the revolt against Egyptian Turk domination, through the death of General Gordon, and the eventual conquest campaigns of the British. It's also a detailed account of the regional political and social developments and tribal and ethnic issues of East Africa in the late 19th century.

"Castbox" also has a well read podcast production of the book.

Top Bottom