Armies? Still in the sleevies...more like.

Varlin Saliptor

Does not hate the future.
I am trying to implement an Army as a UU. How? is my question.

How do you make a buildable army that is completely separate from the true Army unit?

I made a civ-specific wonder that allows the production of armies for that civ only. They are the only civ that can build the UU Army, and they cannot build the true Army unit. I set the UU to upgrade to the Army, and then made the II the default "build Army" unit.

Still, I cannot build the unit in-game.

EDIT: I forgot the cities-per-army thing. Now I can build an army, but it isn't the UU one. What is wrong?

I think they can build unique armies when the Military Academy, or another wonder which allows building armies, has been built.

Yeah, I have that. But why it is building the regular one instead of the unique one is what I don't get.

I'm thinking Stazro has it. The AI will only build the unit that's designated for "Build-Army Unit" field in the General Settings tab of the editor. Now there's also the "Battle-Created Unit" field. Maybe you could use that somehow?

I think there can be only one unit that can be build as an army - the one that is set as default. If you want different army types you have to autoproduce (or preplace) them.

I believe Stazro is correct.

-Oz

Hi

Well I've set the default to none, and then setup another unit to be built as the army unit.

I'm planning to have many different army types... I cannot confirm if it works as it is still a work in progress.

It's working so far for the first race they defiantly build them.

Good luck

Hully

Top Bottom