Art for the Éa fantasy mod (with overlap I'm sure with other fantasy mods...)

And some of the female portraits look weird for a 80 year old sage (even in a fantasy world) :crazyeye:
But "fixing" that is something i would put to the very bottom of the to-do list.

Come to that, an 80 yr nominal life span isn't realistic for humans in this kind of medieval setting. So maybe Man isn't quite the same as humans today. Maybe they all look pretty hot until the day they drop dead. Except for the ones that aren't so hot or always looked old.

Have to pick your battles though. I do want to get the female/male portraits to line up with models on the map, just for immersion. Helps a little too with spotting them on the map if you happen to have one of each sex for a GP type.

A few new spells in the pipeline! Unit and visual effects (and screenshots) by Nomad or What:

Cone of Fire
Spoiler :

Leaves the staff a little smokey I guess...

Plasma Bolt
Spoiler :

Death Ray
Spoiler :

(I just made up names from images a minute ago, so suggestions are welcome.)

Impressive! :)

As for name suggestions:
1) Fire Lance
2) Electrocute
3) Disintegrate (with that colour, it has to be!)

Don't those graphics fit your planned spells;
Burning Hands,
Magic Missile &
Finger of Death?

A few new spells in the pipeline! Unit and visual effects (and screenshots) by Nomad or What:
Great. Both the effects and the fact that new spells are coming.

v5 is out! One old spell and 4 new ones now use Nomad or What's ranged attack effects:
  • Magic Missiles now requires Conjuration tech (& uses Conjuration Modifier)
  • Burning Hands (Sorcery; uses transformation mod)
  • Fireball (Evocation; uses evocation mod)
  • Plasma Bolt (Invocation; uses evocation mod)
  • Death Ray (Soul Binding; uses necromancy mod)
...and one other (non-graphical) spell in v5 that I finally got working properly:
  • Seeing-Eye Glyph (Thaumaturgy; uses divination mod)
It's kind of funny now because the wizard's robe will change colors for each different ranged spell. I know how to fix that but I wanted to get v5 out today...

I'm working on some "mass" versions of above spells. Hail of Projectiles, Plasma Storm, and Sequenced Death. These will autofire at all targets in range. Needless to say they have high tech prereqs. I almost got them working already, but need to do some dll work to get the multi-firing part working.

I'm working on some "mass" versions of above spells. Hail of Projectiles, Plasma Storm, and Sequenced Death. These will autofire at all targets in range. Needless to say they have high tech prereqs. I almost got them working already, but need to do some dll work to get the multi-firing part working.

That...sounds...AWESOME!!!

And I am with Civitar - curious to know, why are the robes changing color? It actually sounds like a pretty cool side-effect, though.

Yeah, it's Lua swapping of different units. each with a single ranged animation. It works pretty well since the spawn effect kind of looks magical anyway, But the different colors make the mechanism too apparent. We really need one (the blue one) will all 6 range animations for our Wizard. Then we need 6 Witch units, 6 Sorcerers, 6 Necromancers, 6 Illusionists, 6 Liches,

Then multiply all that by 2 for the sexes.

@Pazyryk: Not sure if this is the right thread but posting here anyway, the formations for Griffons (and Lions I'm guessing, though I haven't actually seen it yet) are too tight, the Griffons look like a shambles of wings and legs, you can't make out any single model. All the models are scrunched into each other, and wings are sticking out at every conceivable angle. I'm thinking you definitely need to change the formation and probably reduce the number of members there are.
EDIT: No, Lions are OK, it's just the Griffons' wings messing them up.

Top Bottom