Art Stuff

phungus420

Deity
Art discussion and what not is what this thread is for. Also will post what I'm looking for. If you find any models you think would look good in this mod, suggest them here. We'll see about adding them in. If you are a modeler, please look at the list. If you produce good quality models that are under 2000 polys and below a 512 texture size, they are sure to make it in this mod.

Here Is The List:

Grand Stuff:
-Needs an opening screen (achilleszero is on this :))

-Need Intro Music

-Need Music for the Modern era to differentiat it from the Future era

-Need music for Hitler, Bolivar and Ataturk

Unit Models:

Pathfinders needs more ethnic variants. Mainly Asian, they all look Japanese

Motorized Infantry needs more ethnic variants

Jet fighter needs more era apropriate ethnic variants (it's an early jet fighter)

Special Forces needs more ethnic variants.

If anybody can come up with a good picture of a civil war union soldier uniform, that would be great. I need it to reskin the 54th infantry legend for the intro screen as the current one is not detailed enough. It would need to be color and would have to be a straight on view or drawing, as long as it is detailed. A picture or diagram of one hanging in say a museum would be ideal, as it would be laying flat and I could easily make it fit into the texture file.

Phungus, are still doing the polynesian wonder. If so do you think it would be better as a raft with sails as in the meso galley you pointed out. Or like an outrigger canoe with pontoons, sails, and possibly oars?

EDIT: nevermind, saw in other thread you are still doing Wayfinder.

Outrigger, most definately :)

Ok Phungus, how in the world do I control which main menu gets used. The only thing in the Mainmenu.XML is this:
Code:
        <MainMenus>
		<MainMenu>
			<Type>MAIN_MENU_BEYOND_SWORD</Type>
			<Description>Beyond the Sword</Description>
			<Scene>MAINMENU_SCENE</Scene>
			<SceneNoShader>MAINMENU_SCENE_NO_SHADER</SceneNoShader>
			<Soundtrack>AS2D_OPENING_MENU</Soundtrack>
			<Loading>MAINMENU_LOAD_BTS</Loading>
		     <LoadingSlideshow>MAINMENU_SLIDESHOW_LOAD_BTS</LoadingSlideshow>
		</MainMenu>
	</MainMenus>

It doesnt look like any of these lines call on a specific file. Is it actually controlled elsewhere.

To be honest I'm not sure :lol:

I do know it's controlled in Python though, like the era pictures and music. Ask in the main Custom and Creation Forums. You'll probably get an answer in an hour or so.

To be honest I'm not sure :lol:

I do know it's controlled in Python though, like the era pictures and music. Ask in the main Custom and Creation Forums. You'll probably get an answer in an hour or so.

Nevermind. I put the nif into art/interface/main menu and it shows up. It seems its programed to automatically call up any nif thats in that particular folder. Oh well still lots of adjusting to do.

Cool, I thought that might work. Don't you need to use the correct name for the nif though?

I'll still need to adjust the python call for the music, but that means you don't need to be concerned with it.

Ok next question, for the title do you want the CivIV + Beyond the Sword title and then Legends of Revolution under neath that. Or do you want Civilization IV and then Legends of Revolution subtitle as if it were its own expansion. Also what style of writing do you want and do you know of any programs that have good text abilities. Gimps text graphics are fairly plain and simple.

Don't you need to use the correct name for the nif though?

Apparently not, but I havent changed the name of it, so I guess it picks up any nif called CivIVMaindMenuBG.

Definatly it's own Expansion, drop the Beyond the Sword, this is Legends of Revolution :king:

As far as your other questions, I don't know.

Hey achilleszero I removed the FAR_EAST_ASIAN references from citystyles because that string was tripping an assert (another left over bug from Wolfshanze). But I have recently realized the assert was caused by it not being set in Globals XML, and not a problem with the art. Since it hasn't been in the game since 0.9.0x, I'm wondering if you removed the models from the game, or if they are still in there. If they are I can add that artstyle back into the CityLSystem, and Civilizations infos, if they are not, it's OK. Just wondering.

Nice, will add them back in then (currently they are not being used).

I need to set up opening screen music, and get diplo music for Hitler, Ataturk, and Bolivar. Anyone have any suggestions?

I need to set up opening screen music, and get diplo music for Hitler, Ataturk, and Bolivar. Anyone have any suggestions?

Ataturk: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zrVu42YD2g (Turkey Anthem; non-vocal)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qu6tnM7Oscs (Turkey Anthem; vocal)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NznrEYP3ldc&feature=related (National Turkish song)

Hitler: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckrk1iqYdfM&feature=related (Nazi Party Anthem)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvT3XAPGenI&feature=channel_page (Third Reich Anthem)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfzZdSxkzMw&feature=related (Former German Anthem; Vocal)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Deutschlandlied-novocals.ogg (Former German Anthem; Non-Vocal - very short)

Not sure what to search for for Bolivar... I guess you could use various anthems of countries that he liberated, like Bolivia, Peru, Venezuela, Colombia, and Ecuador.

:Edit: Even better, I found an anthem for Gran Colombia. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cj6jjG1WDsY

Note: When recording the music you may want to use the HQ version. I'm not sure if it improves audio quality, but it can't hurt.

For some reason when Im working on the opening screen I have the music from when Obi Wan and Qui Gon finally face off against Darth Maul in the Phantom Menace:). Could be Im a little bit crazy, having star wars music playing through my head while working on something completely unrelated.

For some reason when Im working on the opening screen I have the music from when Obi Wan and Qui Gon finally face off against Darth Maul in the Phantom Menace:). Could be Im a little bit crazy, having star wars music playing through my head while working on something completely unrelated.

Link? Maybe it'll work well. This would also allow me to use the music I really want to use for hitler, because I was originally going to use it for the opening screen - but don't want to associate the mod with hitler by tying the opening screen intro music to Hitler's diplo music. If I could use something else for the opening screen intro music, things would work out quite well.

Edit: Nope, nevermind. That music is used all through the prequils, and the prequils sucked, bad association :mad:

Man, I can't find this operatic piece at all, it should be really easy to find. I thought it was wagnar. What's that one epic operatic piece that goes:
Dun-dun-dun-dun
Dun-dun-dun-dun
Dun-dun-dun-duuun-duun---Dun-dun
Dun-dun-dun-dun

Dun-dun-dun-dun
Dun-dun-dun-duun-dun-Dun-dun

lol, hope that's understandible.

Man, I can't find this operatic piece at all, it should be really easy to find. I thought it was wagnar. What's that one epic operatic piece that goes:
Dun-dun-dun-dun
Dun-dun-dun-dun
Dun-dun-dun-duuun-duun---Dun-dun
Dun-dun-dun-dun

Dun-dun-dun-dun
Dun-dun-dun-duun-dun-Dun-dun

lol, hope that's understandible.

Oh yeah, understandableto madman like me. Only problem is that your duns come out sounding like 'Qui Gon's Noble End" in my head:lol:. I have a faint glimmer of a Wagner song that you might be referencing but I would not be able to tell you a title.

and the prequils sucked, bad association

Agreed. A more hardcore fan than me you will not find, but even though i liked them they still sucked!

I have a faint glimmer of a Wagner song that you might be referencing but I would not be able to tell you a title.
I guess it's Ride of the Valkyrie - probably the most used and famous Wagner piece of all times (probably because of Apocalypse Now! ..."I love the smell of Napalm in the morning...")... ;)

Cheers, LT.

No.

That goes:

Dun dun-dun-dun-Dun
Dun dun-dun-dun-Dun
Dun dun-dun-dun-Duun
Dun-du-du-DUN

The one I want is the one that goes:

Dun dun dun dun
Dun dun dun dun
Dun-dun-dun-duuun-duun---Dun-DUH
Dun-dun-dun-dun (rises in pitch)