ArtDefines not updating

gyver

Chieftain
I'm trying to create a mod to improve the aliens. The Units.xml and Aliens.lua are definately working as I'm seeing the new unit I added but its using what I assume is a default model because my ArtDefines aren't being used.

I checked "reload unit system" and import into vfs for the artdefines xmls but no dice. I've attached the project, any ideas?

Attachments

• HostilePlanet.zip
    22.4 KB · Views: 77
I'm having the same issue. I'm getting all marines and marine icons for the new units.

I've tried to UpdateDatabase, InGameUIAddin and VFS (separately, one at a time) the Units and UnitMembers ArtDefines, but no joy.

You (both--I know because I've talked to Lord Shadow) are using the wrong Art Define syntax. You can't use the method Firaxis uses because it's built on a template system that we don't have access to. You have to make it look like the database is expecting it to look.

Here's an example based on the "barbalien" wolf beetle. It uses SQL syntax rather than XML, though you could certainly use XML instead. This is what you need for just the one unit, but this unit is more complicated because, though there's only one model used, there are three different scales used to make them differ in appearance within a unit formation. You could remove the columns where all of the units are set to NULL for that column, but because this was just exported from the database, and this is coming from a larger list of units, it was easier to just leave a bunch of unused columns:

Code:
INSERT INTO ArtDefine_UnitInfoMemberInfos (UnitInfoType, UnitMemberInfoType, NumMembers)
VALUES	('ART_DEF_UNIT_BARBALIEN_2','ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_BARBALIEN_2_LG',2),
	('ART_DEF_UNIT_BARBALIEN_2','ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_BARBALIEN_2',1),
	('ART_DEF_UNIT_BARBALIEN_2','ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_BARBALIEN_2_SM',1),
	('ART_DEF_UNIT_BARBALIEN_2','ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_BARBALIEN_2',3);

INSERT INTO ArtDefine_UnitInfos (Type, DamageStates, Formation, UnitFlagAtlas, UnitFlagIconOffset, PortraitAtlas, PortraitIndex, PortraitCamera)
VALUES	('ART_DEF_UNIT_BARBALIEN_2',1,'Beetle','UNIT_FLAG_ATLAS',39,'UNIT_ATLAS_1',39,'');

INSERT INTO ArtDefine_UnitMemberCombatWeapons (UnitMemberType, "Index", SubIndex, ID, VisKillStrengthMin, VisKillStrengthMax, ProjectileSpeed, ProjectileTurnRateMin, ProjectileTurnRateMax, HitEffect, HitEffectScale, HitRadius, ProjectileChildEffectScale, AreaDamageDelay, ContinuousFire, WaitForEffectCompletion, TargetGround, IsDropped, WeaponTypeTag, WeaponTypeSoundOverrideTag, MissTargetSlopRadius)
VALUES	('ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_BARBALIEN_2',0,0,'',NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,'',NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,'BLUNT','BLUNT',NULL),
	('ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_BARBALIEN_2',1,0,'',10,20,NULL,NULL,NULL,'',NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,'FLAMING_ARROW','',10),
	('ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_BARBALIEN_2_LG',0,0,'',NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,'',NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,'BLUNT','BLUNT',NULL),
	('ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_BARBALIEN_2_LG',1,0,'',10,20,NULL,NULL,NULL,'',NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,'FLAMING_ARROW','',10),
	('ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_BARBALIEN_2_SM',0,0,'',NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,'',NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,'BLUNT','BLUNT',NULL),
	('ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_BARBALIEN_2_SM',1,0,'',10,20,NULL,NULL,NULL,'',NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,'FLAMING_ARROW','',10);

INSERT INTO ArtDefine_UnitMemberCombats (UnitMemberType, EnableActions, DisableActions, MoveRadius, ShortMoveRadius, ChargeRadius, AttackRadius, RangedAttackRadius, MoveRate, ShortMoveRate, TurnRateMin, TurnRateMax, TurnFacingRateMin, TurnFacingRateMax, RollRateMin, RollRateMax, PitchRateMin, PitchRateMax, LOSRadiusScale, TargetRadius, TargetHeight, HasShortRangedAttack, HasLongRangedAttack, HasLeftRightAttack, HasStationaryMelee, HasStationaryRangedAttack, HasStationaryAirAttack, HasRefaceAfterCombat, ReformBeforeCombat, HasIndependentWeaponFacing, HasOpponentTracking, HasCollisionAttack, AttackAltitude, AltitudeDecelerationDistance, OnlyTurnInMovementActions, RushAttackFormation, LastToDie, FirstToDie, TurnsInCombatFacing, CityAttackFaceFront, RangedAttackFaceFront)
VALUES	('ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_BARBALIEN_2','Idle Attack RunCharge AttackCity Bombard Death BombardDefend Run Fortify CombatReady Walk AttackCharge Victory AttackSurfaceToAir AttackSurfaceToAir',NULL,NULL,12,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,0.35,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,8,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,1,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL),
	('ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_BARBALIEN_2_LG','Idle Attack RunCharge AttackCity Bombard Death BombardDefend Run Fortify CombatReady Walk AttackCharge Victory AttackSurfaceToAir AttackSurfaceToAir',NULL,NULL,12,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,0.35,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,8,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,1,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,1,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL),
	('ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_BARBALIEN_2_SM','Idle Attack RunCharge AttackCity Bombard Death BombardDefend Run Fortify CombatReady Walk AttackCharge Victory AttackSurfaceToAir AttackSurfaceToAir',NULL,NULL,12,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,0.35,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,8,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,1,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL);

INSERT INTO ArtDefine_UnitMemberInfos (Type, Scale, ZOffset, OrbitalOffset, Domain, Model, MaterialTypeTag, MaterialTypeSoundOverrideTag)
VALUES	('ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_BARBALIEN_2',0.11,NULL,NULL,'','barbalien2.fxsxml','METAL','EXOSKELETON'),
	('ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_BARBALIEN_2_LG',0.14,NULL,NULL,'','barbalien2.fxsxml','METAL','EXOSKELETON'),
	('ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_BARBALIEN_2_SM',0.095,NULL,NULL,'','barbalien2.fxsxml','METAL','EXOSKELETON');

Top Bottom