As an Australian...

AU_Armageddon

Cenobyte
Man, have you ever nailed the Australian civ! The music is perfect. I thought Waltzing Matilda was nice already but the didgeridoo backing to it is a nice touch given you can't go all out with an Aboriginal civ as well (the true first Australians - but given there were over 1000 nations within with their own dialects, languages, and cultural traits, that also has political baggage if you want to call them 'one' civilisation). But then when the music changed for another cultural tune, I was blown away.

The outback station, digger, and tourism-aware district bonuses along with coastal preferencing all captures Australia in non-cheesy way that reflects what every Australian grows up learning in school and media about who we are supposed to be. Even our 'red-neck' solidarity against threats... (didn't end with John Curtin). Only thing you probably missed was our idolisation of sports above all other cultural traits e.g. a rule-set that says "it costs Australia double normal costs to create a great scientist or engineer (as you really have to buck the trend and disappoint everyone to join the geeky (read 'poofy') non-sporting careers instead of blue collar 'real' Aussies here). But then you don't have Civ penalties built into your civilisations else given how well you nailed everything else you probably would have got that in somehow too.

Well done!

Last edited:
I mean, there was casual homophobia, but I saw no racism. Just let the man have his moment, they did nail the civ.

typical kiwi.

I love that they have relased this pretty much 5pm Friday arvo in Aus. Nice!

I'm not an Australian, but they're no doubt my favorite civ to play. I LOVE just settling along every coast I ever come across and if possible I love those outback stations even more. MAN they're good. Already got some 15-20 tiles together in between three of my cities, and that's in the renaissance. Four pastures included for awesome food, by the way.

Man, have you ever nailed the Australian civ! The music is perfect. I thought Waltzing Matilda was nice already but the didgeridoo backing to it is a nice touch given you can't go all out with an Aboriginal civ as well (the true first Australians - but given there were over 1000 nations within with their own dialects, languages, and cultural traits, that also has political baggage if you want to call them 'one' civilisation). But then when the music changed for another cultural tune, I was blown away.

The outback station, digger, and tourism-aware district bonuses along with coastal preferencing all captures Australia in non-cheesy way that reflects what every Australian grows up learning in school and media about who we are supposed to be. Even our 'red-neck' solidarity against threats... (didn't end with John Curtin). Only thing you probably missed was our idolisation of sports above all other cultural traits e.g. a rule-set that says "it costs Australia double normal costs to create a great scientist or engineer (as you really have to buck the trend and disappoint everyone to join the geeky (read 'poofy') non-sporting careers instead of blue collar 'real' Aussies here). But then you don't have Civ penalties built into your civilisations else given how well you nailed everything else you probably would have got that in somehow too.

Well done!

This might be my favorite post to come out of this DLC.

Top Bottom