Ashes: Australia v England 2006/7

What a game. Unbelievable stuff. I'd be a zillionaire if I had bet on those results before that series started. How did Australia's bowlers get so hopeless so quickly?

What a game. Unbelievable stuff. I'd be a zillionaire if I had bet on those results before that series started. How did Australia's bowlers get so hopeless so quickly?

No Warne, no McGrath, no Clark(e), no Lee.

And furthermore, no Gilchrist, no Ponting, no Langer, no Symonds.

You can't expect a team to win when it is essentially downgraded to Hayden and Hussey.

I've been telling my friends for months, South Africa are going to win the World Cup. Now everyone is jumping on the bandwagon. :)

The problem is that South Africa and Australia are in the group with the Netherlands. So only one of SA or Aus can get to the super-8 stage :smug: .

The problem is that South Africa and Australia are in the group with the Netherlands. So only one of SA or Aus can get to the super-8 stage :smug: .
You have as much chance of getting throught the last eight as hell is going to freeze over. ;)

You can't expect a team to win when it is essentially downgraded to Hayden and Hussey.

Ahem, New Zealand were also missing their 3 best players (Shane Bond, Daniel Vettori, and Jacob Oram). Plus, Australia hardly missed Ponting and Gilchrist, given that their batsmen scored 346.

The problem with Australia at the moment is the Watson/Hogg spell, where they aren't threatening enough to get out batsmen and all that happens is the batsmen get set and make it much harder for Tait, Johnson, Bracken, Lee and Clark to take wickets. As far as I can recall, we haven't tried White in these early overs when the opening bowlers have taken quick early wickets, instead leaving him until the batsmen get set, around the mid-late 30 over mark. Of course he's going to go for heavy runs at that time in the match...

The problem with Australia at the moment is the Watson/Hogg spell...

And the Tait spell, and the Johnson spell, and the White spell...

Seriously man, look at their figures. You haven't conceded 700 runs in the last 100 overs due to just two of your bowlers...

Also, White is unequivocally s**t. No two ways about it. No way around it.

And the Tait spell, and the Johnson spell, and the White spell...

So explain the romours that England was glad that they didn't have to face Tait in one of the later games in the Tri-Series in Australia?

Seriously man, look at their figures. You haven't conceded 700 runs in the last 100 overs due to just two of your bowlers...

Watson and Hogg aren't penetrative enough. They just let the batsmen get set so they can hit more aggresive bowlers for more runs.

Also, White is unequivocally s**t. No two ways about it. No way around it.

I maintain he is better than Watson.

Warne hasn't played 1-dayers for years. McGrath played two of the three games. Stuart Clark wasn't selected - probably because they think his bowling is too predictable - ie they think he's not good enough.

Langer retired. Australia made the decision to rest Gilchrist & Ponting. And besides - in the last two games, it wasn't the batting that was the problem.

So explain the romours that England was glad that they didn't have to face Tait in one of the later games in the Tri-Series in Australia?

Err, explain him conceding over 120 runs in the last two matches...

Or was that just a rumour I read on the scoreboard? :crazyeye:

Seriously, wtf...

I maintain he is better than Watson.

Cameron White is the worst international spinner I have ever seen. He doesn't spin the ball, doesn't drift or flight it, and has no control. He clearly has no confidence whatsoever in his bowling. His entire repertoire consists of long hops, half volleys, and a sheepish look to his captain as he screws up yet another innings.

At the minute he's obviously completely lost a grip on his bowling game - and this is NOT new. He's never done anything at the international level. An economy rate just short of 7 through his ODI career should prove that.

Incidentally, if you were to look at his first class record for support, you'll notice it pales in comparison to the likes of great spinners such as...Ashley Giles.

:rolleyes:

The guy's an embarrassment.

Top Bottom