Ashes: Australia v England 2006/7

Panesar took his first wicket...on only his seventh ball, after a maiden first over. Can't wait to see these videos.

England is bowling well. :eek: Got Ponting with the pre-game plan, ang Panesar got Langer not really playing a shot, and the ball went straight through.

Muahahahaha!

Australia 1st Innings
  • J L Langer: b M S Panesar ~ 37
  • M L Hayden: c G O Jones - b M J Hoggard ~ 24
  • R T Ponting: lbw - b S J Harmison ~ 2
  • M E K Hussey: not out ~ 74
  • M J Clarke: c and b - S J Harmison ~ 37
  • A Symonds: c G O Jones - b M S Panesar ~ 26
  • A C Gilchrist: c I R Bell - b M S Panesar ~ 0
  • S K Warne: c G O Jones - b M S Panesar ~ 25
  • B Lee: lbw - b M S Panesar ~ 10
  • S R Clark: b S J Harmison ~ 3
  • G D McGrath: c A N Cook - b S J Harmison ~ 1
Extras 4nb 1w ~ 5

Total all out 244 (71.0 ovs)

----

Bowler: O - M - R - W

M J Hoggard: 12.0 - 2 - 40 - 1
A Flintoff: 9.0 - 2 - 36 - 0
S J Harmison: 19.0 - 4 - 48 - 4
M S Panesar: 24.0 - 4 - 92 - 5
S I Mahmood: 7.0 - 2 - 28 - 0

Don't celebrate too soon, they still need to bat

Monteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

:wallbash: England still can't bat. This is getting extremely painful. At this rate, by the fifth test, to have any chance of winning, they'll need to bowl Australia out for 0 in both innings.

England seriously have to find more than 1 or 2 batsman, atm its only KP and Collingwood who have posted scores. Also having seen Monty bat, he doesn't look any worse then Giles yet the bowling is miles better. How they managed to find a way to leave him out of the first 2 tests i'll never know

England seriously have to find more than 1 or 2 batsman, atm its only KP and Collingwood who have posted scores. Also having seen Monty bat, he doesn't look any worse then Giles yet the bowling is miles better. How they managed to find a way to leave him out of the first 2 tests i'll never know

Strauss has been unlucky in his last 2 innings though, since he went out caught twice without actually hitting the ball.

Oz showed why they are #1 - and will remain so for some time.

Great fightback.

This test match sucks because it starts way too late. It should be starting at 10:30 not 11:30. I made it to watch the test Match Today, but I had to get to the gates at 6:00am just to get a seat, being a quest of a member (Mydad and Brother). Naturally I do not want to wait that long to see some play. :aargh: I hate how we caved into to Channel Nine's demands.

And he dropped Hussey too, that was KP's catch.

But we can't be too harsh on him, he is there for his batting:lol:

Hussey is Mr Cricket. He doesnt go out! I mean, how can you have an average of 90, and its still going up! Interesting to see where this test match goes, because New Zealand aernt doing so well, mostly due to the fact we cant bat.

On a personal side note, I did very well at my cricket today! I broke a club record and made the first ever 200 for the junior club! Just thought id share that with you all...

And Gilchrist is just murdering them now.

That was one of the most entertaining bits of test cricket ive ever watched.

Declaration may have been a bit generous for England. Good efforts, though.

*wanders off whistling 'Who do you think you are kidding, Mr. Hitler?' *

Only another 292 to go.

As David Lloyd has been saying, the dream is still alive!

Top Bottom