Ashes of Erebus (RifE's Follow-up) Download and Bug Reports

And it fact when a battle sluga automatically promotes to iron weapons on a city, the game will crash. If you add the iron weapons promotion to the unit using the world builder, then move the unit onto a city, it will not crash.

I don't know if the same thing will happen if the battle sluga auto promotes to bronze or mithril weapons.

The release version. I thought the svn one was the same. I will look into that.

Ok, I think what I'm seeing is I have to install svn software and use it to get the latest version. Which is why I kept downloading the same old version, 14.11, and thought it was the latest version. I will figure it out and get the latest version. Once I do that will I be able to pick up in a game played with 14.11, or will I need to start a new game?

I missed the "Download Snapshot" link. *Hallelujah!*

I love learning new things, but this subversion business on Linux was hurting my brain...

You would know I would have to scrap the best game of AoE I've ever played...

finish that game first then ^^
It's being a real bug bear. I've spent hours editing it to try and find what's making it crash and get it out of the game. I kinda think I'll be better off to just start a new game with the latest version of AoE. Thank you for your hard work. I've only gotten as far as starting the game, it's setting up right now, but I love the new splash screen, and the cleaning up of the custom options. This is so far the best version of the best turn based fantasy strategy game I've ever played.

I know AoE uses a lot of "open source" fantasy art. Have there been copyright issues with any of the art used? Is that why some of the art has changed, or is it just a matter of aesthetics?

Do I need to install 14.11 before I copy in the latest svn, or is the latest svn standalone?

The game has suddenly stopped working for me. I think this is a Linux issue. There were a bunch of recent driver updates, and those don't always go well when you are on Debian testing. I swore I would never do testing again, and then I did...

the svn version is standalone, with everything you need.
As for linux, i'm not certain how compatible the mod is with the various OSs (I'm aware that some people have issue in Win10 and should run the game with Win7 compatibility mode, but that's as far as i know)

I'm thinking maybe I need the latest version of msxml, but I will try that. I'm working on a different system for handling wine prefixes for myself, to make them a bit easier to manage.

My advice is to just forget it and emulate windows and run the game on that.

I have no plans to install a full Windows version on any system under my control at this time, in any form. If I can't get something working with wine, I just won't run it... ;)

For the most part I've done pretty well getting Windows stuff working on Linux, either through DOSBox or wine. But there have been a few exceptions.

Top Bottom