Ashes of Erebus (RifE's Follow-up) Download and Bug Reports

Getting a WoC hang when I hit "Enter."

SVN Revision 360.

Active modules are the following: Advanced Workers, Animal Lairs, Arachnophobia, Bannor Expansion, Black Duke, Chislev Expansion, Churel, Coaxoch, Dao, Dural, Dwarves, Emergent Leaders, Everchanging, Flight of Drakes, Fortifications, Frozen, Hamstalfar, Lizard Art, Ljosalfar Expansion, Magister Ashes, MOM Buildings, More Events, Node Yields, Noggormotha, One Potion, PPQ Effects, PPQ Flavor, PPQ Navy, Scion Healthcare.

Attachments

• Nor'easter Turn_0312.CivBeyondSwordSave
    699.6 KB · Views: 7
Playing as the Cualli, and I think Disciples of Agruonn are a great addition for them. Just a request to please make Disciplies of Agruonn never go obsolete. Currently once you have access to Priests of Agruonn you can't build Disciples of Agruonn any more. That severely slows down the Cualli during war, since they can't quickly pacify newly conquered cities. I suppose one could build several Disciples of Agruonn in advance to have them ready, but that seems like a clumsy workaround.

Python exception, screenshot attached.

SVN Revision 360.

Active modules are the following: Advanced Workers, Animal Lairs, Arachnophobia, Bannor Expansion, Black Duke, Chislev Expansion, Churel, Coaxoch, Dao, Dural, Dwarves, Emergent Leaders, Everchanging, Flight of Drakes, Fortifications, Frozen, Hamstalfar, Lizard Art, Ljosalfar Expansion, Magister Ashes, MOM Buildings, More Events, Node Yields, Noggormotha, One Potion, PPQ Effects, PPQ Flavor, PPQ Navy, Scion Healthcare.

Screenshot (285).png

Not sure if this has already been reported, but for SVN version 360 I've had a weird bug where for this save, on loading in, the Technology advisor pops up blank during the loading sequence. Also the Technology Advisor and the Units page in the Civilopedia are both blank, and the user interface disappears on loading in until you minimize the game and then maximize it again. All the other civilopedia pages and advisor pages appear to be there. I'm just using the default modules and am on turn 262. I seem to remember a similar thing happening to a save in revision 359 around the 250's turn mark, but I no longer have that save to post.
Tech Advisor Error.PNG
Units Pedia.PNG

Attachments

• 360_Elohim.CivBeyondSwordSave
    606.8 KB · Views: 6
Not sure if this has already been reported, but for SVN version 360 I've had a weird bug where for this save, on loading in, the Technology advisor pops up blank during the loading sequence. Also the Technology Advisor and the Units page in the Civilopedia are both blank, and the user interface disappears on loading in until you minimize the game and then maximize it again. All the other civilopedia pages and advisor pages appear to be there. I'm just using the default modules and am on turn 262. I seem to remember a similar thing happening to a save in revision 359 around the 250's turn mark, but I no longer have that save to post.View attachment 664755View attachment 664756
i had the exact same thing happen in my last test game. It's now fixed. (the issue is that the entry related to elohim knights is miswritten)

Playing as the Luchuirp for the first time in a very long time and noticed something that I think is new and might be a bug:

Luchuirp Wood Golems are now classified as Melee units, so they gain experience level up like other Melee units. At the same time, they still receive the Empower I-V promotions as Barnaxus levels up. I know Wood Golems are relatively weak, so perhaps this is intended because of that, and also to give the Luchuirp some standard Melee units. But I thought I should point it out in case it's a mistake. From what I can tell, Wood Golems are the only Luchuirp Golems that operate this way.

SVN Revision 361.

Active modules are the following: Advanced Workers, Animal Lairs, Arachnophobia, Bannor Expansion, Black Duke, Chislev Expansion, Churel, Coaxoch, Dao, Dural, Dwarves, Emergent Leaders, Everchanging, Flight of Drakes, Fortifications, Frozen, Hamstalfar, Lizard Art, Ljosalfar Expansion, Magister Ashes, MOM Buildings, More Events, Node Yields, Noggormotha, One Potion, PPQ Effects, PPQ Flavor, PPQ Navy, Scion Healthcare, SidarWanes.

Playing as the Luchuirp for the first time in a very long time and noticed something that I think is new and might be a bug:

Luchuirp Wood Golems are now classified as Melee units, so they gain experience level up like other Melee units. At the same time, they still receive the Empower I-V promotions as Barnaxus levels up. I know Wood Golems are relatively weak, so perhaps this is intended because of that, and also to give the Luchuirp some standard Melee units. But I thought I should point it out in case it's a mistake. From what I can tell, Wood Golems are the only Luchuirp Golems that operate this way.

SVN Revision 361.

Active modules are the following: Advanced Workers, Animal Lairs, Arachnophobia, Bannor Expansion, Black Duke, Chislev Expansion, Churel, Coaxoch, Dao, Dural, Dwarves, Emergent Leaders, Everchanging, Flight of Drakes, Fortifications, Frozen, Hamstalfar, Lizard Art, Ljosalfar Expansion, Magister Ashes, MOM Buildings, More Events, Node Yields, Noggormotha, One Potion, PPQ Effects, PPQ Flavor, PPQ Navy, Scion Healthcare, SidarWanes.
hmmm, not quite sure why or when i did that. It's fixed.

Two python exceptions, screenshots attached.

SVN Revision 361.

Screenshot (286).png
Screenshot (287).png

I guess you've changed Werewolves in the latest edition, right? Now they have a flat 30% chance of capturing a unit outright, so no more weak Ravenous Werewolves starting with the Crazed promotion? In my current game I was able to build Duin, so it worked great for me, since I was playing as the Luchuirp and was able to capture several units I couldn't build myself: Berserkers, Beastmasters, Horse Archers, Champions, Swordsmen, Beastmen, Menawas, Mounted Plains Hunters, Totemists. Surprisingly, I was even able to capture some non-living units, including a Wraith, a Pit Beast, a Drown, and a Death Knight. The biggest catch, though, was capturing Basium. Maybe this is overpowered, but it sure was fun.

Unrelated, I also finally built Noggormotha, but in a completely unexpected way, by completing the Glory Everlasting Ritual. I guess the game decided that, by destroying all the demons in the world, I had killed all units with a piece of Noggormotha, so I ended up creating Noggormotha. I think this is okay, actually, given how many hammers it takes to do Glory Everlasting, so seems like an appropriate reward.

So, not exactly bugs, I just thought I should report these in case they're not working as intended. I think both are okay, quite frankly, although if an opponent were to build Duin (or the Doviello build Varulv) it would present quite a challenge.

I guess you've changed Werewolves in the latest edition, right? Now they have a flat 30% chance of capturing a unit outright, so no more weak Ravenous Werewolves starting with the Crazed promotion? In my current game I was able to build Duin, so it worked great for me, since I was playing as the Luchuirp and was able to capture several units I couldn't build myself: Berserkers, Beastmasters, Horse Archers, Champions, Swordsmen, Beastmen, Menawas, Mounted Plains Hunters, Totemists. Surprisingly, I was even able to capture some non-living units, including a Wraith, a Pit Beast, a Drown, and a Death Knight. The biggest catch, though, was capturing Basium. Maybe this is overpowered, but it sure was fun.

Unrelated, I also finally built Noggormotha, but in a completely unexpected way, by completing the Glory Everlasting Ritual. I guess the game decided that, by destroying all the demons in the world, I had killed all units with a piece of Noggormotha, so I ended up creating Noggormotha. I think this is okay, actually, given how many hammers it takes to do Glory Everlasting, so seems like an appropriate reward.

So, not exactly bugs, I just thought I should report these in case they're not working as intended. I think both are okay, quite frankly, although if an opponent were to build Duin (or the Doviello build Varulv) it would present quite a challenge.

I should have specified that the non-living units my Werewolves captured (Basium, Pit Beast, Mistform, Death Knight, Wraith, Drown, Minotaur, etc.) did not acquire the Werewolf promotion after I captured them, so maybe this isn't too overpowered.

I should have specified that the non-living units my Werewolves captured (Basium, Pit Beast, Mistform, Death Knight, Wraith, Drown, Minotaur, etc.) did not acquire the Werewolf promotion after I captured them, so maybe this isn't too overpowered.
I've gotten Golem-race slaves when destroying the Gargoyles of Pristin Pass, lol. I guess Capture mechanics are a bit away from being in the right place. Still, no crashes in 3 games in a row is something excellent for me!

I rewrote the capture mechanics entirely last revision, to stop issues with "duplicate captures", but i did forget a couple of parameters ( most notably the alive condition that most part of the systems use ^^, and some werewolf specific effects)

I rewrote the capture mechanics entirely last revision, to stop issues with "duplicate captures", but i did forget a couple of parameters ( most notably the alive condition that most part of the systems use ^^, and some werewolf specific effects)
Well, the non-living units that are captured don't become Werewolves, so maybe it's not so bad. But I'll understand if you want to go back to the traditional system that only living units can be captured.

It looks like rewriting the capture mechanics changed the Slavery Civic such that now it gives a 25% chance of capturing a defeated unit outright rather than capturing it as a slave. Not sure this is working as intended, but it does make Slavery a really powerful Civic, especially when you're at war. And it hurts the Balseraphs a bit, since they need Slaves to build the various cages.

SVN Revision 361.

Screenshot (291).png

SVN Revision 361.

Screenshot (292).png

Playing as the Scions of Patria, with Ophelia Rosenthal as leader. On Turn 2 I got the popup notification that Ophelia Rosenthal has taken the Gift and her Traits have changed to Deathtouched and Personality Cult. For some reason I also got the Hydromancer Trait, which I presume is not intended.

Screenshot (293).png

It looks like rewriting the capture mechanics changed the Slavery Civic such that now it gives a 25% chance of capturing a defeated unit outright rather than capturing it as a slave. Not sure this is working as intended, but it does make Slavery a really powerful Civic, especially when you're at war. And it hurts the Balseraphs a bit, since they need Slaves to build the various cages.
it's an error, i messed up how the "turn into slave" part of the effect is applied ( it's supposed to be a promotion, but it's not given to any unit at the moment, fixed next version).

FYI on unit capture, looks like the Slaver Promotion is still working the way it's supposed to, with captured units being captured as Slaves rather than as their original units.

Top Bottom