Ask 2KG' Jason Bergman Your Questions

DanQ

Owner, Civilized Communication

Now available worldwide, its Producer is set to appear on PolyCast to answer fan questions about it: all you have to do is ask. 2K Games' Jason Bergman is to be interviewed later this month about Civilization: Revolution, the first Civ designed for console platforms. You can either post your questions here or leave a voicemail: (301) 637-7659 (North America), +44 20 7871 7659 (Europe) or VoIP for free via Skype.

Questions must be submitted on/by 11:59PM EDT on July 16th. All will be considered but will be screened for approval for inclusion.

When you play, what is your favorite Civilization to use?

Anything you wanted in revolution that you had to leave out due to time restrictions or any other restrictions?

1. I've taken a poll, and have seen that a significant number of players miss the Persian civilization in Civilization Revolution. What motivated you guys to not include Persia in this game?

2. The Wii has reliable online technology, and it would have been very nice to control this game with a wiimote. Is there a reason you guys did not release this game for the Nintendo Wii?

What sort of DLC (besides the already announced scenarios and Wonders) will we see for Civ Rev? Any new civs?

Also, on a related note, will there ever be a hot-seat scenario that uses consecutive turns instead of simultaneous?

What sort of DLC (besides the already announced scenarios and Wonders) will we see for Civ Rev? Any new civs?

Also, on a related note, will there ever be a hot-seat scenario that uses consecutive turns instead of simultaneous?

I have a question about DLC as well. Is there any chance that an "Earth Map" and/or a larger map seed to generate bigger random maps will be made available? And in addition to bigger maps, the option for more civs in a single game?

Also, any chance for custom single player games? (ex: being able to chose the AI's Civs, the total number of civs, map size/map type, and conditions for victory)?

I realize much of this might not be possible on the consoles but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Great game, btw! I'm already addicted. Love the forums too!

Polycast scores all the big interviews :O

Anyways, what lessons have you learned from developing CivRev, if any, that you will apply to a future Civ game for the PC? E.g. Game mechanics, game speed, etc.

DS: There is no civilopedia and the manual is barebones and not very informative. Will it be possible to add a Civilopedia on the official DS website for users as a reference tool?

Wii: Any word of the Wii version? (it was put on hold but sales appears to be doing pretty well)

DS: Any plans for a sequel/expansion pack style release? The game appears to be missing a few odds and ends, the civilopedia being one.

Polycast scores all the big interviews :O

Poly and CFC are the two biggest Civ fan sites in the world. While we have the same basic focus (Civ), we are still different. Poly has had the Polycast feature for a while, now, because Dan has the drive and the functional setup to do so. Why should we try to set ourselves up in direct competition? Besides, we don't have anyone here on staff who is set up to do that kind of thing. (For the record, Dan has asked me several times to co-host the Polycast, and I've always had to decline, largely due to lack of time.)

We may be "rivals", but we're really on the same side. I, for one, appreciate everything Dan does for the Civ community.

We may be "rivals", but we're really on the same side. I, for one, appreciate everything Dan does for the Civ community.

I wasn't trying to insinuate anything negative towards CFC, I love this community, I was just wanted to give praise where praise is due. I'm really not part of the whole CFC vs Apolyton partisan fighting. It's silly and unneccessary.

I realise that you probably got where I was coming from, I just wanted to make absolutly clear. I'm a fan of both communities and am very impressed at how well they both get along. The Civ community as a whole is a gem in the mud that is the internet.

My question to Jason would be........

In the light of the general criticism that the AI in Civ Rev is too aggressive, (both, in reviews, and on the forums) does Firaxis/2K have any plans to respond to that, by perhaps toning it down a little?

How far are you willing to go with patching, to make this game to it's fullest potential? Or would you consider DLC that we would buy to get the full gameplay we are used to.

IE just look on forums, you'll see it flutter with ideas and improvements, most have to do with options. Is it even possible?

Poly has had the Polycast feature for a while, now, because Dan has the drive and the functional setup to do so. [..] I, for one, appreciate everything Dan does for the Civ community.
Thanks for the kind words, Padma. :)

I'm really not part of the whole CFC vs Apolyton partisan fighting. It's silly and unneccessary. [..] I'm a fan of both communities and am very impressed at how well they both get along. The Civ community as a whole is a gem in the mud that is the internet.
:beer:

Thanks to all for the additional questions since my last follow-up. As a reminder, this is the last day for them to be submitted for consideration (11:59PM EDT cutoff).

Top Bottom