Assistance with new install

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crowqueen

Token forum woman
1) I've just installed BUG but I can't access the interface.

2) Is there any list of features etc anywhere I could read? I'm not confident of picking my way through technical information but want to see what is going on from the point of view of gameplay etc.

Vista? Check the other thread discussing missing interface. Re docs - there should be a Help File (PDF) that contains lots of stuff.

No, XP.

I'm afraid I can't follow the other thread - I'm not exactly sure what to do. Is it possible to uninstall? Where is the Help file?! All I have is the install.exe programme and searching last night for a comprehensive and easy to understand readme was rather futile.

You'll have to try harder to explain things to me in simpler language because I just don't understand a lot of the jargon. I'm sorry if I sound annoyed but things here seem to be a bit impenetrable and I need more help in getting through them.

see here for info about what the mod does.

Re the install - to be honest, I haven't run the install.exe for a while ... where did it put the mod? I typically install it the customassets folder under the 'my docs\my games\civ4 BtS directory.

With an install to customassets, it will look like this ...
  • The Bug Mod.ini file should be in this directory: 'C:\Documents and Settings\[windows user name]\My Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword'
  • The mod should be installed in this directory: 'C:\Documents and Settings\[windows user name]\My Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\CustomAssets'
  • It should have 5 sub folders: 'Art', 'Python', 'Res', 'sounds' and 'XML' - don't worry if one or two are missing (ie sounds), the game will create them if it needs them

If this isn't your set up, please post information about where your 'my docs\my games\' is located.

There doesn't seem to be any .ini file named "BugMod" or anything in CustomAssets. I've found the BUG files in CustomAssets, but there doesn't appear to be any ini file among them.

the 'BUG Mod.ini' file should be in the same directory as the CivilizationIV.ini file. I think that the BUG mod will create one if it cannot find one.

Hmmn - maybe I better ask some very obvious questions:
  • You are running Beyond the Sword?
  • Is it patched to v3.13?
  • Can you post a screenshot of your directory structure - just the my docs\civ4 part?
  • How is the Reading football team going ... Division 2 or 3?

BUG.ini isn't alongside Civ4Config in the main Civ4/BTS directory.

As for the other questions...
- Yes.
- I'll check. It's 3.0.0.
- Here it is:

- They went up to the Premiership late 2006. ;) I think they are in danger of relegation but to my knowledge they are still in the Premiership for the time being.

Thanks for your help.

ok - you need to download the 3.13 patch. In the game, select 'option' and then 'check for patch' (or similar). Its about 140mb so the d/l might take a while. I'm thinking that this is the problem with the missing interface as BUG requires v3.13.

The directory structure you show above is the 'my progs' civ4 location. There should also be a 'my docs' civ4 location.

Thanks a lot for your help. Do you still need that other folder?

if it is working ... then no.

It very much is working. THANK YOU for your help and sorry for my impatience. It works quite well and I like the new options available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom