Attila the Wonder whore

phillipwyllie

Wannabe Deity
Been trying Attila to see how much production I can get early on. In this screenshot I'm getting 88 hammers with no internal trade routes. Base values I'm getting 3 hammers per citizen which I think isn't too bad. I'm sure others can do better so post your pre factory/order production powerhouses.

Attachments

• AttilaWonderWhore.jpg
    AttilaWonderWhore.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 282
Ironworks seems a way to boost this easily, plus the techs that boost mines and the like.

Going no Internal Trade routes makes things trickier, but I suppose we could use food trade routes to get to a big size first, then stop them.

All in all, on Settler difficulty with a fed high population capital, an Ironworks and the right techs, plus a load of mines, its shouldn't be hard to massively exceed this, and we could do even better if we deliberately avoid Industrialisation for as long as possible, build a food city, and then retool it for production once it reaches mega-size. But that would seem to be somewhat artificial... If we're looking at max production per tile instead, the best way would be to make a megacity, then deliberately starve it down to 1 population for a stupidly efficent capital-tile only.

Care to set a turn limit or conditions to the challenge?

...Care to set a turn limit or conditions to the challenge?
I wasn't thinking of a challenge only to highlight how awesome the Huns can be but here goes:
  1. Any civ can be used.
  2. Standard speed
  3. Emperor and above
  4. Only 1 internal food route to the city in question, and no production routes
  5. You must be in the Renaissance era or earlier, no limit on turn time.
  6. You must be building a World wonder
  7. Your city can't be starving or stagnating, ie it must generating at least 1 excess food.

4 turn wonder whore
Rolled a rather excellent start on the coast

Attachments

• 4tbt.jpg
    4tbt.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 180
  • 4tfp.jpg
    4tfp.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 97
  • 4tnd.jpg
    4tnd.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 146