Audio_3DSounds for new Units

Vicevirtuoso

The Modetta Man
I've finished making a female UU model, and am working on getting it some custom sound effects for when it fortifies or dies. Unfortunately, so far it doesn't seem like it's possible to make one entry in Audio_Sounds reference multiple sound files like they seem to with the default game sounds. For example, this is in AudioDefines.xml in the game files:

Code:
    <SoundData>
      <SoundID>SND_UNIT_DEATH_VOX_A</SoundID>
      <Filename>DeathVoxA</Filename>
      <bDontCache/>
      <bOnlyLoadOneVariationEachTime/>
      <LoadType>DYNAMIC_RES</LoadType>
    </SoundData>

And if you've used Nexus to extract the game's assets, you'll find a set of 10 sound effects starting with "DeathVoxA", and the game seems to cycle through them all whenever the Audio_3DSound is called.

However, defining my own sounds like so:

Code:
INSERT INTO  Audio_Sounds (SoundID,	                        Filename,		           LoadType)
VALUES		('SND_UNIT_DEATH_VOX_LOWEE_SOLDIER',		'LoweeSoldierHurt',		'DynamicResident'),

does not work. I have to explicitly define one of my sounds for anything to register. While this can work for now, I'd prefer more variety in the sound effects if possible.

Has anyone out there done any experimenting with this?

I did some experimenting with this with 2 units and one worked and the other did not.

The AK-47 for the marine I got into the game but it sounded like a chainsaw not a AK-47. The .50cal HMG worked but I have not tried it in ages but I have not heard that any game updates have broken it.

Here is the code for the one that worked.

The .xml file:
Code:
<GameData>
	<!-- 2D Audio Defines -->
	<Audio_Sounds>
		<Row>
			<SoundID>SND_UNIT_50CAL_MG</SoundID>
			<Filename>50calM2-10rnds</Filename>
			<LoadType>DynamicResident</LoadType>
		</Row>
	</Audio_Sounds>
	<!-- 3D Script Sounds-->
	<Audio_2DSounds>
		<Row>
			<ScriptID>AS3D_UNIT_50CAL_VEHICLE_MG</ScriptID>
			<SoundID>SND_UNIT_50CAL_MG</SoundID>
			<SoundType>GAME_SFX</SoundType>
			<MaxVolume>95</MaxVolume>
			<MinVolume>85</MinVolume>
			<PitchChangeDown>-7</PitchChangeDown>
			<PitchChangeUp>-1</PitchChangeUp>
		</Row>
	</Audio_2DSounds>
</GameData>

And the .ftsxml file:
Code:
    <trigger type="FTimedTriggerSound" id="16" time="0" duration="0" repeat="0" ec="1200" track="1" tier="-1" event="AS3D_UNIT_MECHANIZED_INFANTRY_IMPACT_$(WEAPON)" bone=""/>
    <trigger type="FTimedTriggerSound" id="28" time="0.456338" duration="1.0" repeat="0" ec="1180" track="1" tier="-1" event="AS3D_UNIT_50CAL_VEHICLE_MG" bone=""/>
    <trigger type="FTimedTriggerSound" id="24" time="0.456338" duration="1.0" repeat="0" ec="1160" track="1" tier="-1" event="AS3D_UNIT_50CAL_VEHICLE_MG" bone=""/>
    <trigger type="FTimedTriggerSound" id="19" time="0.296296" duration="1.0" repeat="0" ec="1100" track="1" tier="-1" event="AS3D_UNIT_50CAL_VEHICLE_MG" bone=""/>
    <trigger type="FTimedTriggerSound" id="17" time="0.355556" duration="1.0" repeat="0" ec="1140" track="1" tier="-1" event="AS3D_UNIT_50CAL_VEHICLE_MG" bone=""/>
    <trigger type="FTimedTriggerSound" id="21" time="0.288889" duration="1.0" repeat="0" ec="2100" track="1" tier="-1" event="AS3D_UNIT_50CAL_VEHICLE_MG" bone=""/>

Did you get multiple sounds to play from the same Audio_Sound define? The single sounds I'm using show up without a problem, but I'm trying to get the game to play multiple possible sounds using the same define, like the base units seem to.

Did you get multiple sounds to play from the same Audio_Sound define? The single sounds I'm using show up without a problem, but I'm trying to get the game to play multiple possible sounds using the same define, like the base units seem to.

No but from what I remember of the code it seemed to have something to do with how you name your .mp3 files. Something like DeathVoxA1.mp3, DeathVoxA2.mp3, DeathVoxA3.mp3 but tagged as DeathVoxA in the xml.

No but from what I remember of the code it seemed to have something to do with how you name your .mp3 files. Something like DeathVoxA1.mp3, DeathVoxA2.mp3, DeathVoxA3.mp3 but tagged as DeathVoxA in the xml.

Yeah, unfortunately I tried that and it didn't seem to work. I might have to do some more testing for what type of filename syntax it's looking for.

Top Bottom