Augustus caesar go to hell!

mclericp

Warlord
Seriously what is wrong with this guy

I am playing on immortal now, gave it a try. I focused myself on military and built a formidable force(Spain). Right next to me is Rome, who has one of the lowest armies

Then like around 20-30 turns or so, i noticed on infoaddict that caesar's army went up exponentially and surpassed mine. Well, not nervous, since rome and spain are friendly. On the diplomatic screen, Rome's relationship with me is all positive(no red lines). I also helped Rome when it requested help, made friendship declaration, invaded egypt together etc etc.

Then suddenly that guy declared war on me. For no reason. I managed to counter his attacks and made a peacetreaty of 10 turns only. And then suddenly, the relationship changed from 'WAR!' to 'Friendly'. He also wants to make another friendship declaration but i rejected

Immortal level is sure insane. I m going to wipe Rome off the map next

Did you have a DoF before the war? Because that's a pretty big discouragement to war. If he offered another DoF right after the war, it means he actually does want to be friends and more than likely was bribed by someone to DoW you.

Then like around 20-30 turns or so, i noticed on infoaddict that caesar's army went up exponentially and surpassed mine.
Just out of curiosity, did he just build the Terracotta Army? I notice that whoever builds that instantly goes way up in the military rankings.... which usually leads them to start throwing their weight around and/or declaring war on me.

Then suddenly that guy declared war on me. For no reason. I managed to counter his attacks and made a peacetreaty of 10 turns only. And then suddenly, the relationship changed from 'WAR!' to 'Friendly'.
Arcaian's explanation might be right, but I've noticed that the AI will often go straight to "Friendly" after I beat them in a war provided that they were the ones that declared war and I didn't take their capitol.

He also wants to make another friendship declaration but i rejected
Accepting DoF's is pretty much-risk free, and could give you an outlet to sell your goods for lump sums of gold. There are only two reasons I can think of to not accept a DoF:

1) You're planning on attacking him soon.
2) Friending him will anger other AIs who you really really don't want to irritate.

Did you have a DoF before the war? Because that's a pretty big discouragement to war. If he offered another DoF right after the war, it means he actually does want to be friends and more than likely was bribed by someone to DoW you.

Maybe, I had same experience with Isabelle, playing Korea.

Cesar, Isabella, Casimir, Hiawatha, Japan, Shaka are civs I know there allways DoW me at a moment.
The question is, have I more interest to DoW when I can conquer their capital and manage warmonger penality or have I more interest to fight on my territory.
It's sometimes frustration but it's an interest of the game. Sometimes, I loose. I dislike but I restart a game, again and again.

Arcaian's explanation might be right, but I've noticed that the AI will often go straight to "Friendly" after I beat them in a war provided that they were the ones that declared war and I didn't take their capitol.

They do often go to friendly, but it's the AI's 'fake' friendly. They won't accept a 1:1 luxury resource offer that'd benefit both of you, they charge excessive amounts for everything, etc. If they're offering a DoF it normally means it's real friendly, not fake friendly.
:)

Rome was not FRIENDLY, it was in the APPROACH_DECEPTIVE stance... when the AI is in that stance, it shows ONLY the modifiers that it wants you to see (that is, the nice greenies), and hides ALL the negative ones... as soon as its APPROACH stance gets honest, you will suddenly see all the red mods.

Rome is one of the deceitful civs. They will lie to your face, while preparing for war. He acted like he is programed to... He either hates you or loves you, and will switch between the two for the fun of it.

Rome was not FRIENDLY, it was in the APPROACH_DECEPTIVE stance... when the AI is in that stance, it shows ONLY the modifiers that it wants you to see (that is, the nice greenies), and hides ALL the negative ones... as soon as its APPROACH stance gets honest, you will suddenly see all the red mods.

Really? Interesting, I didn`t know that. Nice touch there.

He had a reason, your stuff is now his. What other reason would he need?

I think Wu has the lowest loyalty rating of any leader, but Caesar is only one higher.

Top Bottom