Auto workers goofy.

TruePurple

Civ wanna B
I got a game where every time you told a worker to "automatically clean up damage" it would go to a specific city on the map, you wouldn't know this happened though because the map focus wouldn't change, though highlight of the worker went away. The only time it wouldn't do this is if you put it right on top of the damage, one square away wasn't good enough. General automatic works sometimes did the same thing.

I suppose there isn't anything anyone can do about it anyways. Oh well.

Check to see if there are craters (from bombardment) under the city. The dummies will try to fix the damage but can't because the city is there, so they'll just hang out and do nothing.

To see if there is damage under the city use the clean map Ctrl-Shft-M. On default this hides all units improvements and cities but leaves crater damage. Check with Ctrl-Shft-N to adjust settings of what's hidden.

Why? I don't know but the idiots got on my nerves so much that I did abandon the city just so they could fix it. It wasn't a big city, but I did loose a couple buildings. I built a settler right before I abandoned, had them repair, then refounded after they were done. I know every good player says don't use automation, but cleaning pollution every turn is very tedious, I like to set them on auto for the majority of my territory but keep a crew on manual near my core production area. It is more efficient to manually order them to clean pollution, but efficiency or not it's not fun anymore ordering 60 workers every turn its like work to me.

Top Bottom