Autopromotions of property control units.

raxo2222

Time Traveller
Can some units gain over time experience, when they are controlling properties in city?

For now it seems like units should be disbanded and created again once higher level promotion is available.

Crime units can gain experience when they catch criminals, which happens automatically. But it takes a while for them to level up. I don't think that disease control units can gain experience.

I also find the crime units are extremely expensive to upgrade. I usually just disband and rebuild, unless I have gold to burn.

Disease units will probably get exp when the disease system is in place.

I build the new then disband the old because of the cost of upgrade.

Disease units will probably get exp when the disease system is in place.

I build the new then disband the old because of the cost of upgrade.
And what about teachers? They should get xp passively too, so we can promote them once they gain enough xp, and valid promotion gets unlocked.

Edit: Can teachers/doctors/police have free crime fighting/disease control/educating promotion depending on upgrade level?
For example first upgrade of Policeman gets free Crime Control I promotion.

Last edited:
While currently not used like that, properties can also be added to units and used as a kind of currency for missions.
So what you could do is:
Add a property source to disease control units that adds +1 Antidote per turn (or Disease Information or Energy or whatever) that is active when they are on a plot with more than X Disease.
Then add a Mission "Develop Cure" (or something) that costs 20 Antidote and removes a good amount of disease from the current plot and adds a chunk of experience to the unit (there could also be some different missions so you have to decide what you want and since this is an outcome mission it could also have some different outcomes).

For Law Enforcement units, currently the lead investigating unit will gain a little xp every round if there's a criminal in the city to try to uproot. The arresting law enforcement gets xp as it is a battle to arrest the criminal.

Criminals gain a little xp every round in a city for not getting caught. They CAN get xp for surviving an attempted arrest but that usually doesn't work out to well for them if there's any balance between them and the LE units.

Healers get xp every round they are used for helping a unit to heal. The disease control stuff may be more workable after Outbreaks and Afflictions is further developed.

The concept of units gaining some XP via various buildups has been more recently floated and I'm in strong favor of adding some there but it's a project I haven't had time to commit to yet. I'll probably make some buildup promotionlines specifically for taking time to train as well as adding a small amount of 'otj'(on the job) training experience to most buildups.

Top Bottom