Proposal:
New promotions:
Gargantuan: +50 hp
Huge: +25 hp
Large: +15 hp
Small: -15 hp
Tiny: -25 hp

And then give them Huge :D
The units will just immediately die from emotional damage if you call them small or tiny.

Doesn't March make a unit less survivable?
It used to reduce defense by 15%, but it has been removed some congress ago. Also note that recently capture cities no longer heal full 15 hp but rather 5 hp per turn in resistance, so it is still quit balanced as of now.

Sponsored.

We make the game so it can be enjoyed by human players. Not so AI can use them. I see no reason to bend over backwards to accommodate AI, they can use elite units just fine simply by using them like they would any other unit.

Human players enjoy the game only because the AI can play well.

can we put March on a naval ship?

Supply is an alternative but since it is a elite unit I don’t think March is out of the question
I guess my bad, I thought Supply had the AlwaysHeal in addition to letting ships heal in non-friendly waters.
March may work (or be made to work) on ships, but I don't know if they'll heal without being allowed to with Supply?

I guess my bad, I thought Supply had the AlwaysHeal in addition to letting ships heal in non-friendly waters.
March may work (or be made to work) on ships, but I don't know if they'll heal without being allowed to with Supply?
March heals at the normal amount, so I would assume 0 in open water unless you had supply, and then in your waters it will heal every turn

If you’re considering giving this elite unit free promotions, why wouldn’t you just create a new “elite unit gift” promotion?

That way you don’t have to worry about it stacking or negating other promos, or creating compatibility issues. It could just give % defense and heal when fortified or something.

Eg. If you have these “elite unit gifts” a free March… what if the gifted unit was a Carolean and already had March?
If you were going to give the elite unit an existing promotion, Stalwart would be a better candidate by far. The only UU that has that promotion for free that I am aware of is the Landwehr from JFD/HFF's Prussia, a modmod. 35% defense is more stackable than March because it's not a boolean like AlwaysHeal.

Last edited:
This military unit receives the maximum training XP for building a unit in your civ, the morale promotion, the march promotion, +25 HP, and +100 bonus XP.
I agree with the general idea of changing this reward, but disagree with the specifics. This seems badly formulated to me.
- There are a handful of UUs that already have March, and it’s a Boolean ability that doesn’t stack additively, so it’s not an ability you can give that would compound with itself like extra CS or heal
- why a flat 100 XP? Why not give 200% or 300% of the maximum training XP? An extra 100 XP could be way, way too much early.
- I know you’re prioritizing survivability for this elite unit, but why would I care about extra HP on an elite siege unit or archer?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom