Autosaves

frktest

Warlord
I set autosaves every turn; when I played VP ver. march 2019 I had two autosaves each, one named "autosave_000X game year" and one named "autosave_post_000X game year", please see the attached picture; I found very usefull the latter as it is the situation at the very beginning of relevant turn; . Then I did install the 7-29-1 ver (July 2019) and now I have the "autosave_000X game year" type only.
Please, anyone can say what command/code produced "autosave_post", so I could write down it on my PC and have "autosave_post" again?
20191130203432_1.jpg

the POST saves are a debugging feature which is normally not available in release builds

As I understand it, the post saves are controlled by a line in the config.ini file:

; Saves the game after the human player presses 'next turn' but before the game logic advances
PostTurnAutosaves = 0

I experimented with them (by setting the value to 1) but didn't find them useful. I wanted exactly what the comment associated with the flag says [a save before the AI players take their turns, to help with debugging stuff that happens on the AI turn] but it didn't seem to actually do that.

Top Bottom