Avoid Growth Issue

flyingbunnys

Warlord
When I click avoid growth the game does not always pick the more efficent tiles to work, but rather just the path with the least food.

For example in one city I am producing lets say something like 15 production 30 science 40 gold and 10 food when I click avoid growth I drop to something like 4 production 20 science and 39 gold and 2 food. why cant I just keep the first option and have food go to 0.

I kinda wish that when I hit avoid growth it would work the most efficent tiles, even if they also produce extra food, and that the food could just be thrown out.

If food could just be thrown out I also wouldnt have to worry about my city growing even though avoid growth is on and I can't aford to have it grow, because for example if it grew it would starve and drop back down, or it would push my country into unhappyness.

Although the unhappyness thing isn't really a penalty like it should be as many people have pointed out.

This is one thing that I hadn't come across in other threads I thought might be worth mentioning.

That would be convenient for you, as an immortal ruler with a bird's eye view and a plan that spans thousands of years. But think about your people--Imagine telling farmers who just want to make a living to work the fields all year and then dump the harvest in the trash.

The best you can do is offer incentives to work in more specialized industries, in the mines, or in the mercantile sector.

That would be convenient for you, as an immortal ruler with a bird's eye view and a plan that spans thousands of years. But think about your people--Imagine telling farmers who just want to make a living to work the fields all year and then dump the harvest in the trash.

The best you can do is offer incentives to work in more specialized industries, in the mines, or in the mercantile sector.

Nah, I disagree. We need the real, hard clamp from Civ4 back. There are even *more* reasons to cap growth now.

What if I were to subsidized my farming industry. For each food thrown away I lose 1 gold in that city or something like that. That would give incentive to my farmers to toss some of their food.

Doesn't this happen in real life? Granted this didn't start till around the 19th century they could make it a bonus from a tech or something. A tech from the industrial era would be historically accurate, Biology would be a good place to put it.

Later in the game extra food could be turned into ethonol which could act as extra sources to oil. This could be given to you by the ecology tech.

To be honest though I'd be fine with the avoid growth they had in civ 4, because I'm fairly sure they wouldn't listen to my idea since so many other things need fixed first, such as the AI.

Top Bottom