Avoid PoA spawn

_waynex_

Chieftain
I think I've read it somewhere, that it is possible to avoid the PoA spawn by razing Edessa and Antiochia. And I tried it with the Byzantines. The first time that I tried it, it seemed to work. PoA never came.
But since that, I was never able to repeat that. Neither with the Byzantines, nor with any other faction. Even though i checked the situation in 1096 in the saved game and tried to copy the exact situation in the surrounding with the WB into these other games. It just won't work.
Since I'm quite sure that i read it before, I'm not sure wether this was a one-time bug for some reason or if I'm just missing something.
I even took a look at the code (Python:Rise and Fall), but I didn't manage to find any reason for this in there :(

Does anybody know sth about this?

Attachments

• PoA_Spawn.jpg
    PoA_Spawn.jpg
    438.8 KB · Views: 357
I razed Antioh+Edessa many times (as Armenia, Abbasids etc), but PoA spawn always.

I think I've read it somewhere, that it is possible to avoid the PoA spawn by razing Edessa and Antiochia. And I tried it with the Byzantines. The first time that I tried it, it seemed to work. PoA never came.
But since that, I was never able to repeat that. Neither with the Byzantines, nor with any other faction. Even though i checked the situation in 1096 in the saved game and tried to copy the exact situation in the surrounding with the WB into these other games. It just won't work.
Since I'm quite sure that i read it before, I'm not sure wether this was a one-time bug for some reason or if I'm just missing something.
I even took a look at the code (Python:Rise and Fall), but I didn't manage to find any reason for this in there :(

Does anybody know sth about this?

POA always spawns. If you raze Antiochia and Edessa before POA spawn, an independent city spawns just before POA arrival. I am guessing that you razed these indy cities in your original experience?

What might have happened when you razed the cities within POA spawn zone is that the POA units spawned at war with Zengids or someone else and headed off in a direction that you never saw.

in my experience only edessa respawns, which can be blocked easily.
i took a look in the wb and couldn't find them either. but I've seen them spawn in Transjordan in another game after "their" cities have been razed

Antioch definitely respawns too. There is a small window where it is too close to the arrival of PoA that the respawns won't happen.

happened again. this time with armenia. i believe it to be some bug issue with the unit-spawn. in the event-log it says "Bohemund has established the Principality of Antioch" and I got a DoW (vassalized Seljuks before) but the next turn they were gone. since there was no city to flip they are officially defeated when there are no more units left. if they don't get any units at the start for some (bug) reason and don't have any city to flip to them, they will make the initial contact but disappear afterwards. i think that's what happens here.

Top Bottom