AZ-03: The Peacemonger

My bad :eek: .

Must remember the variants.

Just adds a few turns to our victory.

I think the Zulu main army has been taken down. As long as those troops on the former German island don't land next to our cities, we should be fine. Concentrate on going to space from now on.

THE ROSTER:

azaris (just played)
pigswill (UP for 20 turns)
LuvToBuild (on deck)
Kodii
Oddible

Played up to 1980.

Here's the Save: http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/90414/Peter_the_Peacemonger_AD-1980.CivWarlordsSave

Fairly eventful turnset.

Improve some cash for resource deals.
Adopt confucianism (need a religion to boost GP production).
Switch research to mass media for UN. We probably won't win diplomacy but its still worth thinking about forcing through some deals: non-proliferation, free trade etc.

Saladin is anti-confucian and closes borders.
Qin completes apollo.

Mehmed says cancel deals with Mansa, we say no.

Switch to free speech; big improve in economy.

Gift 4 rifles/grens to Bismark's one tile island empire.

Qin declares on Washington.
I prepare to declare on Qin and notice that peace with Washington is not redded out. Qin will sign peace with Washington in exchange for plastics. I agree. The war is over before it even starts! Is this in line with our variant? Its in line with the philosophy of the variant imo, stop wars by rogue states.
Throw various resources at Qin and Washington to try to improve relations.

Discover mass media, resume ecology. Start UN in Yaroslavl (15 turns).
Pop GM, send on a trade mission.

Capture Ulundi (lose a tank). Shaka won't sign peace with Bismark.

Discover ecology, start refrigeration.
Trade ecology+mass media+260g to Mansa for fission.
GM completes trade mission, +2100g.

Capture/raze Kwdukaza, Shaka still not interested in peace.

Cashrush 3GD.

Complete 3GD.
Complete SS Cockpit.
Washington switches to Free Speech.
A Great Artist is born. Not sure what to do with him.

Discover refrigeration, start fusion.

Capture Nobamba, lose a tank. Shaka is reduced to one pop1 city in the arctic, agrees peace with Bismark.

1975 zzz

Build Space Elevator.
Build Thruster.

Find use for GA, culture bomb in New York.

Washington demands fission, agreed!.

Trade fibreoptics to Mansa for flight.

Qin asks us to cancel deals with Washington, declined.

Throughout the set Shaka has been demolishing nets, some may still need replacing.
I've been running research at 60% and using cash to upgrade units. Just finished. Our power rating is currently identical to Qin and ahead of the rest.
We're leading the tech race, got robotics on Mansa and well ahead of the rest. Fusion completes next turn for engine. At 90% research genetics will take five turns for stasis chamber. Life support gets built in six turns, docking bay in five turns.
Half our army is in Nobamba/Ulundi, the other half is just south of New York.

Good work on maintaining peace, pigswill. Worthy of the Nobel Peace Prize.

:trophy:

Having to fight Qin would have been a tedious distraction. If we build SS Engine in St.Pete's and SS Stasis Chamber in Yaroslavl, I think the next player gets to launch off to space.

THE ROSTER:

azaris
pigswill (just saved the world from war)
LuvToBuild (UP for 20 turns of going to space)
Kodii (on deck if necessary)
Oddible

Sorry I got sidetracked. I've been playing BtS the last couple of days and kind of forgot to check in. I'm not sure I could play anyway since the latest patch for Warlords got installed along with BtS. I haven't tried opening the latest save yet but my guess is it would open fine. However, any save of mine probably wouldn't be useable unless you guys updated too. So might as well skip me for the remainder of the game assuming it lasts any longer. Looks like this one is pretty much finished.

Good game guys. Sorry I haven't been as active this past month. It's been a bad month for me to play an SG. Look forward to playing again in the future.

T1 1981AD - UN is complete; Fusion is in and we get a GE; I rush Hollywood

T2 1982AD - Washington completes the Apollo Program; We complete Hollywood

T3 1983AD - Popped One (Gems) at New York; Mt Rushmore completed

T4 1984AD - We are voted in SG of the UN by Washington, MM and ourselves

T5 1985AD - SS Docking Bay completed; Genetics in and SS Stasis Chamber begun

T6 1986AD - SS Life Support completed

T8 1988AD - Non-Proliferation Treaty approved (unanimous)

T9 1989AD - Saladin declares war on Washington, but I get him to declare peace immediately in exchange for a couple of techs.

T12 1992AD - Free Trade approved

T15 1995AD - SS Stasis Chamber completed

T16 1996AD - It's Over! :)

Final Save

Great game everyone! It was a pleasure playing with all of you. :)

Hmm, a final rank of Nelson Mandela would have been more appropriate. I guess I have to do this again one day with some changes to the rules and go for a real diplomatic victory instead of this jetting off to space and leaving the others to fight each other nonsense.

Well done, everyone. :goodjob:

Yay! We made it! Now we can populate a new world with which we will have to maint peace!

Nice playing with y'all!!

Cheers!
:beer:

Top Bottom