B-47 Stratojet

OK B-47 with traditional engines for Canada is on the way :)

And it isn't waste - it'll bomb enemies in WW2 1939 mod :)

And it isn't waste - it'll bomb enemies in WW2 1939 mod :)
Well, I mean waste for me. It's a great model, but I already have a unit filling up America's Jet Bomber, so unless I give it to other nations I won't have any use for it. I end up in the same predicament with a lot of DutchKing's models.
Still, thanks for the alternate skin (when it comes out).

How about a team version of the B-47 Xeno?

Now if I can only get someone to make a M-4 Bison, we'll have it's natural counter! :religion:

How about a team version of the B-47 Xeno?
Done. See attachment.

Now if I can only get someone to make a M-4 Bison, we'll have it's natural counter! :religion:
To be honest, I'd much rather see a Tu-22 'Binder' (different from the Tu-22M 'Backfire' we already have) or a decent Tu-160 'Blackjack' model. The M-4 just didn't figure very predominately during the Cold War, save for part of the perceived "bomber gap."

Attachments

• B47Team.rar
    54.7 KB · Views: 197
asioasioasio, do you think you can do a reskin for the

Tupolev Tu-95 & B-52 in detail like you did for the B-47?

To be honest, I'd much rather see a Tu-22 'Binder' (different from the Tu-22M 'Backfire' we already have) or a decent Tu-160 'Blackjack' model. The M-4 just didn't figure very predominately during the Cold War, save for part of the perceived "bomber gap."
:rolleyes:

Oh good Lord...

Do you know how many models we have for aircraft that were built in far fewer numbers (if at all) then the M-4 Bison? The M-4 Bison was in full-production... this junk about "didn't figure prominently" oddly enough never finds it's way into discussions of the dozen or more aircraft models that have already been made that have seen far less numbers built or uses employed then the M-4 Bison. 93 had been built... roughly the same number of B-1s have been built, fewer B-2s have been built, and I can't count how many Civ4 aircraft models have been made that can't even crack 10 built.

Instead of trying to shoot-down the M-4 Bison as "irrelevant", why not just suggest other aircraft without trying to poo-poo on other ideas for aircraft that were 20x more prominent then half the models already made!

I swear to God, there's a M-4 Bison hate-club on this forum... every time I mention the M-4 people come out of the closet to whiz all over it... you guys all got bombed by the M-4 Bison or something? At least they were a full production model!

:p

Leave the M-4 Bison in peace... it was a full production aircraft for crying out loud! It's a contemporary of the B-47, plus it just looks cool! Snafu makes the totally useless and all-two built Russian Tzar tank and people call him a genius...the M-4 Bison gets suggested and people fly out of the woodwork to shoot it down.

How about a compromise on the Tu-16 Badger?

this junk about "didn't figure prominently" oddly enough never finds it's way into discussions of the dozen or more aircraft models that have already been made that have seen far less numbers built or uses employed then the M-4 Bison. 93 had been built... roughly the same number of B-1s have been built, fewer B-2s have been built, and I can't count how many Civ4 aircraft models have been made that can't even crack 10 built.
That's because the models have already been built. There's little point in arguing the point when the model is already done.

Instead of trying to shoot-down the M-4 Bison as "irrelevant", why not just suggest other aircraft without trying to poo-poo on other ideas for aircraft that were 20x more prominent then half the models already made!
But I have made suggestions.

I swear to God, there's a M-4 Bison hate-club on this forum... every time I mention the M-4 people come out of the closet to whiz all over it...
You're becoming as paranoid as dk and chuggi, man. As far as I remember, I'm the only one that's spoken out against the M-4.

plus it just looks cool!
That's a personal opinion. I don't much care for how it looks, but to each his own. I don't much like the Tu-22 either, but I still suggested it. Heck, even the Tu-22M isn't kind on the eyes. Soviet equipment tends toward function over form (just look at the Yak-28). That said, aesthetics are not the reason I have rebuffed suggestions regarding the M-4.

How about a compromise on the Tu-16 Badger?
Damn, I knew I was forgetting a primary bomber. Given that many nations used it and China still uses it today, it would make a great addition to the game.

I could make probably both units (Tu-16 and Tu-22). But Tu-22 would be more pleasant - when i was small kid my older brother modelled planes (from plastic kits). In the room where we lived there was beautiful and huge (relativly ;), but around 70 - 80 cm wingspan unit model you can call huge from the kid's perspective ;) ) Tu-22. So i have great sentiment to that unit :)

I could also reskin B-52 and Tu-95 (Tu-95 is one of my favoured cold war era unit).

But all those things i won't make soon - I'm in deadline for 1939 mod if i want to release it 1st September (and this mean i don't make request for next month). If i will have of time i'll make something from that list.

But I have made suggestions.
Ah, but I said without downing my own suggestion in the process! :mischief:

You're becoming as paranoid as dk and chuggi, man.
I don't think that's possible... and just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean everyone isn't out to get me!

Damn, I knew I was forgetting a primary bomber. Given that many nations used it and China still uses it today, it would make a great addition to the game.
Well there you go... now we both agree on a Soviet Cold War era bomber.

I would highly suggest we combine our begging powers on the Tu-16 and forget the M-4 and Tu-22... maybe then we can at least get one bomber made we can all agree on!

Can't get it to load as a unit.

Crashed the game but I figured out what I did wrong. I had two different names directing the Art_Define lines in the XML files I made. Got it to load and so far so good. Haven't got to a place in the game to try it yet but so far everything looks good.

Top Bottom