[NFP] Babylon Livestream

Thank you everyone, I have updated the Features Thread with all the things you picked up

Great looking game mode with a lot of different new synergies to try out. One dissapointing thing that I noticed though: Even though Aztec had King Arthur in a city and plenty of own units to turn into questing knights, they never did. I hope the AI actually knows how to use their heroes for benefits.

Great looking game mode with a lot of different new synergies to try out. One dissapointing thing that I noticed though: Even though Aztec had King Arthur in a city and plenty of own units to turn into questing knights, they never did. I hope the AI actually knows how to use their heroes for benefits.
They explained in the video - basically by keeping him in the city they prevented Carl from conquering it - they certainly saw it as a good move by the AI.

Ok so Hippolyta (sp?) died in a 1 vs. 1 against an Eagle Warrior? :undecide:

And please tell me the AI didn't just leave Arthur in that city without taking any actions for the rest of the live stream.

Carl pretty much intentionally sacrificed her. He attacked a warrior that was on a hill to reduce her strength, and then yeah, the next Eagle killer her. Looks like she started with 26 strength in the ancient era, so not the strongest unit still.

The AI used Arthur to prevent Carl taking Mexico City.

I found a positive and negative of this. It was good to see the AI park Arthur in the city to up its defense value instead of just sacrificing this unit in the field. However the AI wasn't using Arthurs ability to transform a unit into his special knight unit. We know the AI has had trouble using the mechanics in just about every one of the special "game modes" so far, this seems to be an early example for this mode as well.

I found a positive and negative of this. It was good to see the AI park Arthur in the city to up its defense value instead of just sacrificing this unit in the field. However the AI wasn't using Arthurs ability to transform a unit into his special knight unit. We know the AI has had trouble using the mechanics in just about every one of the special "game modes" so far, this seems to be an early example for this mode as well.

Yeah, not too surprised. Most of these things are more fun for the player - like, everyone wants to turn a bunch of scouts into questing knights and go off on an invasion. But nobody really wants an AI civ to come at them with 4 questing knights in the classical era. Although given the questing knights are only alive for like 10 turns, you do have to be careful how you use them too, so it's not the dumbest move to wait until you can actually get value from them.

Yeah, not too surprised. Most of these things are more fun for the player - like, everyone wants to turn a bunch of scouts into questing knights and go off on an invasion. But nobody really wants an AI civ to come at them with 4 questing knights in the classical era. Although given the questing knights are only alive for like 10 turns, you do have to be careful how you use them too, so it's not the dumbest move to wait until you can actually get value from them.
HMMMmmm... so what happens if a Vampire is knighted? Can Vampires inherit the strength of Questing Knights? :crazyeye: (Pardon if these questions have already been answered)

Timing pushes with Arthur are going to be hilarious though.

. Although given the questing knights are only alive for like 10 turns, you do have to be careful how you use them too, so it's not the dumbest move to wait until you can actually get value from them.
Agreed, if the AI had used Arthur that way there would have been people on here complaining about how dumb it was ....

The only thing limiting how many times I can spawn a Hero is faith/production, right? So, assuming the player has the yields for that, it's possible to get Hercules, build 3 districts instantly, suicide him somewhere, assuming you can't outright delete him, them buy/produce him again, rinse, repeat. Granted, off course, that the cost increases every time you spawn a hero, but if you can keep up with the cost and it doesn't get expensive enough to stop being a positive net, Hercules might be the protagonist of some really naughty strategies..

The only thing limiting how many times I can spawn a Hero is faith/production, right? So, assuming the player has the yields for that, it's possible to get Hercules, build 3 districts instantly, suicide him somewhere, assuming you can't outright delete him, them buy/produce him again, rinse, repeat. Granted, off course, that the cost increases every time you spawn a hero, but if you can keep up with the cost and it doesn't get expensive enough to stop being a positive net, Hercules might be the protagonist of some really naughty strategies..

Sounds like the Twelve Labors of Hercules in the game become 3 x 4 Labors of Hercules. Either way, the Heroes are going to require a lot of playing to get the hang of and I suspect their biggest effect will be to plunge a lot of 'favorite strategies' into the toilet because of their ability to upset the carefully-calculated balance from very early in the game

I think they said you can only return them once per game era.

I wonder where the part of the stream the city states are shown at

Top Bottom