Babylonian Idol! [RFC-UHV-OMG?]

MaxWar

King
Table of content:
*Note, these links will take you to the right place in the thread. When the page opens it may take a few seconds to switch you to the right part, plz be patient. :)

Act 1: See below.
Act 2
Act 3
Act 4
Act 5
Act 6
Act 7
Act 8
Act 9
Act 10
Act 11
Act 12

Prologue

At some point, after millenniums of watching the primitive humanity wander aimlessly around the earth, the primeval gods got bored...
For their enjoyment they decided they would spice things up and issue challenges to the men.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Act 1

<Zeus> Seriously, I cant stand it anymore. The most exciting thing any of them managed so far is clubbing his neighbor with a wooden bat in order to
steal some women!
<Absu> And It seems to be happening a lot more lately, im growing tired of it.
<Odin>You forget that time when one of them went wild and burned his whole village while screaming he was a magical reindeer, then threw himself off a cliff trying to fly! :lol:
<Hunab Ku> Hahaha yeah i remember, never saw this one coming!
<Hera> Sure... And who decided to inflict maddening visions upon the poor man to purposely turn him insane? We were supposed not to meddle with them, we all agreed to it!
<Odin>:mischief:
<Zeus> Thats right Odin, you are a cheat!
<Absu> I got to admit it was a bit refreshing though.
<Jupiter>Right, maybe we will need to do something soon because its becoming obvious that the humans suck.
<Horus> Talk for yourself! My Egyptians managed to settle down, invent agriculture and they even started building pretty things!
<Jupiter> Ohh! And can you tell me what is exciting about building farms and drawing pictures of cats?
<Shiva> Yeah, the Indians are much more original in their drawings.
<Hera> Shutup Shiva, you are such a freak yourself its no wonder your "indians" are peculiar.

** Days Later **

<Horus>... and at least my folks are not running around half naked, clubbing themselves on the head, only occasionally managing to kill a bear instead of being eaten by it!
<Shiva> :lol:
<Odin> That is called being manly! I would prefer being eaten by a bear rather than seeing my people spend their whole days cuddling cats and putting makeup on their face!
<Jupiter> You just wait! one day the Romans will ...
<Zeus> SILENCE FOOLS! ALL OF YOU SHUT UP!!!

*Silence*
*Everyone, perplexed, is looking at Zeus*

<Zeus> Listen to this. While you have been busy babbling and picking at each others for days like a bunch of idiots, Absu over there actually sent his son Enlil on earth with the directive of choosing a Champion and helping him found a great nation.
<Everyone> WHAAAAATT?!!!!

*Everyone, wide eyed, is looking at Absu*

<Hera> But this is crazy! We all agreed about not meddling with the humans!
<Shiva> Yeah, now everything is ruined!
<Hunab Ku> Its not like there was much to ruin on this sorry planet though...
<Horus> Wait a second there. Absu, what did you do exactly?
<Absu> I got tired of hearing you all babble non stop and figured out it would simply keep going like that forever! So i did something!
<Odin> See?! Who is the biggest cheat now?
<Jupiter> This is unfair! You should have consulted with us first!
<Absu> Would it have changed anything? You would have argued about it for 500 years without anything being done.
<Zeus> Now please just explain us what you have done!
<Absu> I sent my son Enlil, to earth. I told him to choose a champion among my Mesopotamian people and help him become a Superstar! This man will have to rule over his people, turn them into a glorious nation and if he succeeds in some frivolous objectives given to him, i shall cover him in riches!
<Everyone> *Gasp!*
<Hera> But but... This is unheard of, and totaly crazy!
<Hunab Ku> For my part i cannot say i dislike the idea!
<Shiva> I hear Enlil left a while ago, did he find a champion? How did it go?
<Absu> I do not know yet, lets watch!

*Absu swings his arm in an arc and clouds part to reveal an image of earth*

End of Act 1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game details

Just in case some of you had not guessed yet, this story will be about me going for the Historical Victory in Rhye's and fall mod-3000BC using the Babylonians!
All settings left at default, difficulty is Monarch.

Now i just myself started playing RFC a couple days ago and so far only played Babylon. I found out that nailing the UHV was much trickier than it seemed at first, but after starting over a bunch of times, i think i have a plan! Lets see how i can turn this into a story! :crazyeye:

Ah, a Babylon RFC story! Should be interesting and I'm going to watching this closely :). Hope you do well MaxWar!

Thanks for taking time to read my new story in the midst of your update spree! :D

I will try to keep them entertained while you are away :p

I'm sure you will :) Meanwhile, working on update 3, I'm about to collapse of update exhaustion :lol:

If Act 1 is anything to go by, this is going to be very good indeed :)

Where you get the time and energy for few stories simultaneously? In most continents RL takes everything what's left after civing :)

That act 1 is very original. Keep it up.

subbed

subbed.

Act 2

Being a nomadic trader, it was routine to constantly pack your stuff and move large quantities of goods from place to place. Still, It was with a bit of melancholy that Hammurabi walked toward his tent to make preparations for the departure. It would be a while before they came here again. This region was his favorite spot, he really liked it. Being one of the richest and most successful trader in the whole of Mesopotamia, Hammurabi had good reasons to like this place. It was not only a beautiful land but also a strategic spot for commerce. Yet, their people had to move once again; because it was the way things went for nomadic traders...

Hammurabi entered his tent, it was pretty dark inside and he was alone. The smoke from the dying fire was rising toward the vent in the roof. He looked at the amber coals for a second then as he was about to move on, he swore to himself there was something wrong with the smoke. Like he saw shapes moving in there or something. He glared suspiciously at the fire for a moment and suddenly the weird feeling came again. This time it made the hair stand straight on his neck and he felt dizzy. He closed his eyes, trying to gather his senses, telling himself he might be sick. When he felt somewhat better, he opened his eyes again.

In front of him was the ghostly shape of an old man, floating in the middle of the smoke plume. It looked straight at him and started to speak.

<:old:>Haaammuuurabiiiii...
<Hammurabi> *Ghasp!*
<:old:> Hammurabi! I have an important message...
<Hammurabi> G...Gr...Grampa? Is that really you grampa?
<:old:> Hrmmm... uhh, YEs! It is me, I have come back to...
<Hammurabi> But grampa, you are dead! It was years ago! how can you be here in front of me?
<:old:>Hammurabi! Hear what i have to say...
<Hammurabi> Am i dreaming? Am i dead? I just died and you are greeting me in the afterlife?
<:old:> SILENCE FOOL! Will you just shut up and let me talk!
<Hammurabi> errrm, yes... sorry grampa...
<:old:> Now I have an important message for you... A message from ... the GODS!
<Hammurabi> The gods!
<:old:> hrmmm, yes yes... the gods sent me. They have chosen you Hammurabi!
<Hammurabi> Me?
<:old:> Yes, they want you to become a great king, a leader for your people! You will have to settle down here...
<Hammurabi>But Grampa, we are just about to move out tomorrow!
<:old:> No Hammurabi, these lands are perfect, you will have to settle down and make your people build a great palace for you right here!
<Hammurabi> For me? My people? But how will they... why me grandpa?
<:old:> You are a great man, you can do it and the gods have chosen you!
<Hammurabi> Me?
<:old:> YOU ALREADY SAID THAT BEFORE NOW SHUT UP AND LET ME FINISH!
<Hammurabi> Im sorry grandpa :(
<:old:> As i said, you have been chosen, of all the men in Mesopotamia!
<Hammurabi> But why?
<:mad:>
<Hammurabi> errm , sorry grandpa...
<:old:>Do as i said, gather your people under your banner, become their king, settle this spot for good and build a great palace! If you do this the gods will be pleased and will reward you greatly! If you succeed i will come back to you again.
<Hammurabi>But but, grampa, how am I to...
<:old:> DO NOT FAIL ME HAMMURABIIIIIIIIIIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.........

The words trailed off as the ghostly old man became smaller and vanished back into smoke. Hammurabi was left all alone once again, his thoughts a whirlwind of confusion. He just sat on the ground and tried to make sense of all this.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Back in the Pantheon*

<Jupiter> Well, that was pretty interesting now was it?
<Odin> I have yet to see some real action out of this though.
<Hera> If this man does not end up irrevocably mad it will be a miracle.
<Hunab Ku> What I'd like to know however is who the hell was this old fart talking to him?
<Hera> Are you deaf? He called him his grandfather at least ten times!
<Horus> Yeah but Absu was supposed to send his son Enlil, and that wretched thing certainly did not look like Enlil!
<Absu> I do not know, Enlil will likely be back here in moments, i am sure he will explain to us.

*Enlil enters the Pantheon*

<Enlil> Hi everyone! So, how did you like my acting dad?
<Absu> It was pretty good son, but tell me, why did you appear to him in such a way?
<:old:> You mean like that ?
<Everyone> :lol:
<Enlil> Oh, i just felt it would make it all more credible to him. Seems to have worked, he mistook me for his grandfather!
<Shiva> Now that is pretty crunchy!
<Hera> Seems to have worked indeed... the poor man has just been sitting there in his tent for hours since you left him.
<Enlil> Yeah, and was i glad to leave. That man is almost as bad a chatterbox as you guys up there, i could hardly ever finish a sentence without him starting babbling all over again.
<Absu> Please show some respect boy!
<Enlil> Bah, anyway i got stuff to do then i will go back to earth and see what happens from closer up. Cya later guys!

*Enlil leaves the pantheon*

<Jupiter> That boy will have to learn some manners eventually if we are to keep him with us in the pantheon.
<Zeus> What bothers me is that he talked to that man as if he had been sent on a mission by all of us!
<Shiva> Yeah that was bullsh!t, he improvised the whole thing!
<Absu> Give the poor boy a break, he only did this for added credibility. Personally i think he did great!
<Jupiter> Oh sure, daddy keeps protecting his little boy as always...
<Odin> Yeah, see how the biggest cheat in the universe is trying to teach us all how to behaves and sends his precious Enlil on errands without the Pantheon's accord and consent.
<Horus> Shut up Odin, you are acting pretty mighty self righteous for one who was himself the official biggest cheat in the universe not so long ago.
<Absu> Anyway Jupiter, you should not be saying anything about Enlil, not while your own son, Bacchus, is the worst wretched drunkard to have ever walked these holy halls.
<Shiva> And a good thing he is almost never here, i cannot stand the stink of him.
<Hunab Ku> Hahaha, Bacchus... no wonder Jupiter never even talks about him :lol:
<Jupiter> Now you all shut up before it gets ugly...
<Odin> Ohhh, i am so scared!
<Horus> Hey look there, he is actually walking out of his tent now!
<Odin> Uhhh what? Who are you talking about?
<Hera> *Facepalm*
<Horus> Is your head filled with sand? Hammurabi of course!
<Shiva> Took him long enough to leave that tent, i was starting to believe he would just stay there forever...
<Zeus> Now will you all just just shut up and watch!

*All the gods once again focus their attention on the images of earth*

End of act 2​

:lol:, quite an interesting read. I'm enjoying it immensely.

I can say nothing except express my complete agreement with Tambien :goodjob:

Top Bottom