Babylon's Unique Stuff

Johnpecan

Warlord
I don't have the Babylon goodies.

I always hear about people saying how you can tech crazy and get 3 GSs before any other civ can get 1. I've never understood explicitly what their unique stuff was. Could someone link me to where I can see their UA/UB/UU etc.

Thanks!

Babylon have a UB : walls of babylon, 7.5 def instead of 5. Bowmen instead of archers ( 8 attack instead of 6 ) and their unique trait is Ingenuity. They get great scientists at double the normal rate and get a free scientist when they research writing.

The archers are surprisingly good for an early unit, the 1st great scientist comes very fast and can either be used to have a very early academy (+5 science from the ancient era is quite nice) or to acquire civil sevice or education a lot of turns before the opponents.

In fact, building a couple of libraries and filling them with scientists often gives you 3 great scientists very early, so you can get to renaissance ( research theology, sac great scientists to bulb education and acoustics ) very early. Once there, you can use 1 more GS and the rationalism social policies to get to biology and the industrial era very fast, unlocking all social policies. You need a little more than that but either the capital can produce a second GS, or you can build the great library or Oxford university for a free tech.

Normand

You can download Babylon from Steam for $4.99. I just got it a few days ago, and it is definitely one of the nicer civs.

Personally, I like archers in the ancient era, so their unique unit gives me a reason to hit archery early.

The Walls of Babylon give 7.5 defense (as mentioned), and they also increase the city's ranged attack strength (according to the text).

And the unique ability is pretty obviously very nice.

I build Scouts, and love to get them upgraded to Bowmen :D

Top Bottom