Back to Civ 4 (BTS)

00konichiwa00

Prince
so I have been playing civ 5 and I actually don't like at all. it's borring. the only good feature is the archers. there will never be huge long lasting wars in civ 5. and the Al's seems to have no brains in civ 5. they declare wars without any reason, almost seems like they are automated to declare war every few rounds (strange since I crushed them every time and took cities from them, but they kept on declaring war lol).

so now I have decided to get rid of civ 5, trash the cd and install civ 4 with all exp. packs instead.
my question is, which mods should I install, which are the best and most recent ones? I am not too much into fantasy and sci-fi stuff.

thanks for helping me out

do I put and extract the mods under bts/mods as I used to or has that changed? (I'm still looking for recommendations for mods)

Thread probably better placed in the general forum or over on the mods forum.

Anyway, as far as mods go it depends on what you are looking for:

1) If you just want to enhance the basic gameplay, then BUG/BULL and BAT are the mods to use. Enhanced gui/info without changing gameplay. BAT has enhanced graphics and BUG/BULL.

2) If you are looking for expansion pack type mods, basically those that add a lot of content, then mods like Legends of Revolutions, Realism Invictis, Quo Capita, Rise of Mankind (AND), and a bunch of others can be found over there:

Modpacks

Note that these big modpacks tend to pull on the system quite a bit

3) Fall From Heaven and modmods is an excellent fantasy mod and very popular, but you appear not to be into that

4) In C&C subforums you can find lots of different type of mods that add maps, civs and features to your taste

Thread probably better placed in the general forum or over on the mods forum.

Anyway, as far as mods go it depends on what you are looking for:

1) If you just want to enhance the basic gameplay, then BUG/BULL and BAT are the mods to use. Enhanced gui/info without changing gameplay. BAT has enhanced graphics and BUG/BULL.

2) If you are looking for expansion pack type mods, basically those that add a lot of content, then mods like Legends of Revolutions, Realism Invictis, Quo Capita, Rise of Mankind (AND), and a bunch of others can be found over there:

Modpacks

Note that these big modpacks tend to pull on the system quite a bit

3) Fall From Heaven and modmods is an excellent fantasy mod and very popular, but you appear not to be into that

4) In C&C subforums you can find lots of different type of mods that add maps, civs and features to your taste

thanks a lot. will check them up. I did play ROM and LOR before, really liked ROM but it was very slow. thanks

Top Bottom