barb uprising random event FTW

joanne

Barbarian
I've already written about my love of early rushing for more than a few times now, especially if there are only 1-3 other civs on my resource-rich continent, like in this recent game(playing as Roosevelt in a large fractal map, temperate medium sea level, monarch difficulty): I started out on the north, decided to eliminate Shaka ASAP immediately after contact, founded second city beside nearest Cu, chopped/whipped up axemen then used them to rush Shaka who once occupied the middle of the continent. Later I saw that Darius had some good land after scouting his territory and then realized I had much leftover units from the previous war so I whipped up some more swordsmen and decided to kill Darius as well to secure the vast continent which the great American people truly deserve(and to finally get rid of all those terrorists who torched our forges and poisoned our water!). As we were nearing the fulfillment of our grand nation's manifest destiny something remarkable happened: Darius' only units in his last city was a horse archer and his sole worker, and then the barb spearmen random event occured!
Spoiler :

I pitied the poor guy so I made peace - okay, not really, as I knew what was about to happen so I extorted all of his techs in exchange for a peace treaty before those barbs skewer him!
Spoiler :

best war I have (not) fought ever. we ended up with all his good land and all his techs. those barbarians can be helpful sometimes:love:

btw I've had that event occur on an older game playing as Tokugawa right after DoWing on Willem: barb swordsmen appeared on my borders as I was preparing to attack Willem but luckily I had the great wall so they headed for the nearest vulnerable city which was also my first target enemy city :goodjob: unfortunately I lost that game because my computer broke down

Top Bottom