Barbarian Colour Change

Is it me or does that barbarian(?) unit look like Mr T? :lol:

Haha yeah that was pointed out some time ago. Which NA tribe had beards?

I'm veering of toping now entirely, but I have only just noticed that the Assyrian siege tower looks astonishingly like an enormous Dalek. Terrifying.

Anyway. I am disappointed that this theory has been sunk so quickly - I'm very uncomfortable about barbarians being given any paraphernalia specific to any one culture. :undecide:

could this mean we will get the barbarian's as a full civ ? one we can play as ? talk about unexpected

I'm veering of toping now entirely, but I have only just noticed that the Assyrian siege tower looks astonishingly like an enormous Dalek. Terrifying.

Anyway. I am disappointed that this theory has been sunk so quickly - I'm very uncomfortable about barbarians being given any paraphernalia specific to any one culture. :undecide:

It's not been sunk yet. There's 2 unique barbarian units prior to this expansion. All the other barbarian units could very well also be a new civs units. So unless we see a brute or a galley in red and black, this theory is not debunked. :goodjob:

The dent in the "barb UU" theory is that the Brute and Galley are specifically European units. A tomahawk archer replacement would look very out of place next to them.

So no-one's buying that theory that Shawnee's colors are yellow-cyan (as in their current flag) and that's why Venice is white-purple?

So no-one's buying that theory that Shawnee's colors are yellow-cyan (as in their current flag) and that's why Venice is white-purple?

No, because the Sioux are the NA tribe not the Shawnee. :goodjob:

Barbarian captured worker

I circled it on the left

And at the bottom of that screenshot, you can see the new Barbarian symbol in the turn indicator...

Probably not very significant; the barbs didn't have their own icon before anyway.

the tomahawk thrower or axe thrower if of the Shawnee might work like the new Zulu Impi ability:
(strike twice when attacking first at range, then at melee) because tomahawk's can be used both as a ranged and melee weapon.

You raise a good point. It does kinda suggest they are wanting to differentiate the barbarians by giving them a new icon. There is a chance for diversified barbarians i guess

Awesome find! That's that for the colour change then i guess.

Or maybe i'm giving up too easy... That could have been captured by a civ ;) In fact, unless we explicitly see a red and black galley or brute we can't rule out the possibility. The search continues!!!

:lol: I had a feeling you would say that, even as I was circling the unit ;)

And at the bottom of that screenshot, you can see the new Barbarian symbol in the turn indicator...

Probably not very significant; the barbs didn't have their own icon before anyway.

Wow, I didn't even notice that until you pointed it out :crazyeye:

Here it is again, with the "Time indicator" out of the way

:lol: I had a feeling you would say that, even as I was circling the unit ;)

Yup, but what's a speculation thread without a persistant and flexible OP? :mischief:

You're right, the turn indicator is a bit of a spanner. But i'm still holding out! In my book, no matter what comes of this theory, the Shawnee still has a better chance than the Sioux of getting in.

it not that unique all it does is do two actions at once just because the Zulu's have it does mean another civ can't use it as well like the Sumerians in the wonders of the ancient world reusing parts of Babylon's unique ability Ingenuity for there own unique ability ,or using parts of the Maya's unique building the Pyramid for the own unique building.

the Impis in civ 5 seem very similar to civ 4 archers and their first strike promotion

Does this solve the galley/brute problem?

Edit: Sorry for the quality, the sharp eyed of you will realise this is a gally, the rest will have to believe it isn't a conspiracy.

Top Bottom