Barbarian related question

code99

Warlord
So, i was making a scenario where there with 6 civs starting at ancient era and 1 starting at modern era and after i completed the map i decided to test it. I chose to be with the modern era civ and it was all working great when i started noticing the barbarians were using advanced units (aegis cruisers, modern destroyers and other modern era units) while the AI civs were still with their arrows and sticks ....

This obviously ruined my whole scenario as the barbarian would defeat the other ais and playing without barbarians is out of the question as their ability to create new civs is part of the scenario so i was wondering if there is a way to change the way they advance in techs.
Maybe limiting them or something so that they dont take tech from the modern civ anymore.

If someone knows if its possible please help me.

Thanks

Barbs gain all techs known by a certain fraction of players. This fraction can be modified in the bug mod options. If you set this number to 1(meaning barbs get all techs known by all players), your problem should be fixed.

Well i think im missing this option ... looked through all tabs several times and nothing, cant see the setting. Outdated BUG maybe ? I have it on 1.75 RAND ...

As a temporary measure i went to CivilizationInfo.xml and removed some units from the list under barbarians. This is until i find some other way of doing it. So, atm they wont spawn advanced units, ever ... not what i wanted but ill stick with this until i find a way around it

Hmm... Well, you can access the settings directly. In "Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn\UserSettings" there should be a file called Revolutions. The tag is called BarbTechFrac. Hopefully that works.

BarbTech Fraction should be at 1 not zero. That number is the percentage of civs that need to know a tech before the barbs get it(1 coresponds to 100%). Even so, it might not work. I've found that some of those options are broken. However, I'm pretty sure that one works.

Oh, i must have understood the way it works backwards.

I've missunderstood what u said here "If you set this number to 1(meaning barbs get all techs known by all players)" and thought that if i set it to zero barbs get all tech ...

ok ill go and check this out

thanks

How do i get in to this barbarian tech menu ? i have also this problem with Hightech barbarians .

If you go into the bug mod menu (ladybug button) there is a revdcm tab. The barb options are there.

If you go into the bug mod menu (ladybug button) there is a revdcm tab. The barb options are there.
I cant find it :sad: i lookt at all the Bug options and i never saw it :crazyeye:
But at the revdcm options screen it sad something like there are more options .
If the Bug screen only show some options how do i open the others ?
BTW im using 1.75C

Top Bottom