Battlefield Asia: The Mod(Idea Stage...comments please with cherrys on top..)

So far Goldflash we've got:

-1. China
-2. Korea
-3. Japan
-4. India
-5. Mongols
-6. Khmer
-7. Siam
-8. Nepal
-9. Vietnam(Nam Viet/Annam whatever)
-10. Huns/Xioung-Nu/Turks(I'm leaning towards Xioung-Nu as the name)
-11. Burma
-12. Malaysia
-13. Java
-14. Tibet
-15. Ryukyu
-16. Ainu
-17. Phillipine Civ(Currently looking for a better, more ancient-sounding name)
-18. Polynesia
-19. Machuria(The third civ in the Barbarian Group)

For your Philippine civ maybe; Negritos or Aetas

Once again, I need Wonder Splashes and wonder graphics for the remaining wonders

Splash and Graphics:

H. Castle
C. Palace

Splash Only:

Grand Canal

Graphics Only:

Daibutsu

Another problem is Graphics for the Modern and Industrial Wonders. I may have the Mod End in Industrial Times if finding the necessary graphics becomes to difficult.

ShiroKobbure said:
grand canal? chinese or japanese or indian palace/castle?
Negritos or Aetas were filipino polynesian tribes. I think they were the names the spainish gave them?

I found those names when I did a Wikipedia search on the Philippines, I asked my wife (who is Filipino), but she didn't know.

Manchuria is the name of the region.. the people are called 'Manchus'.. Just as the Region is called 'Mongolia" but the people are 'Mongols'

Also.. don't call them 'Barbarians'. Just Don't. They're NOMADS. N-O-M-A-D-S.

ShiroKobbure said:
grand canal? chinese or japanese or indian palace/castle?
Negritos or Aetas were filipino polynesian tribes. I think they were the names the spainish gave them?

Yes..I need the graphics/splashes for those wonders...

Goldflash: Who called the Machu or Mongols barbarians? I don't see that anywhere...

you did
"-19. Machuria(The third civ in the Barbarian Group)"
but barbarian was just what we were calling civs that dont have cities its nothing demeaning, and Manchuria=land of the Manchus right?
you could name the Philipeans: Tagalog, Ilocano or Bontoc those are the languages of the philipeans and usually language is associated to people and customs

Sword_Of_Geddon said:
Yes..I need the graphics/splashes for those wonders...

Goldflash: Who called the Machu or Mongols barbarians? I don't see that anywhere...

You did in post 302.

Anyway if you'd like I could bang out some Tech trees, goverments and prespective unit lines....

I've got the unit lines mostly(though they aren't perfect), but Governments and the tech tree need ALOT of improvement, with the exception of the Oriental/Chinese Monarchy icon Rufus made for the mod out of the kindness of his heart(You'd laugh when you saw what the icon is Goldflash... :lol: )

Tell me the base Unit lines, (No flavor units), then. I need to know.

Shiro: Can you send those messages again? My PM Box was full and I couldn't get them... :(

Goldflash: For a rough estimate of the Unit Lines check out this(Keep in mind that its a very early scetch of what the Unit Lines will be like, and that things have changed alittle due to Shiro's advice and the inclusion of Indian/South East Asian unit lines):

Japan:

Spearmen/Gun Powder Infantry:

Otomo Spearman.....Ashigaru Spearman(From PTW Extras).....Samurai Spearman(By Kinboat).....Oda Arquabusier.....Menjii Rifleman.....WW1 Japanese Rifleman(By Bebro).....WW2 Japanese Rifleman(From WW2 Pacific Conquest).....Modern Soldier

Warriors/Swordsmen:

Jomon Warrior.....Otomo Swordsman(By kinboat)....Ashigaru Footman(By Kinboat)....Minamoto Samurai.....Menjii Rifleman....(See above)

Archers:

Otomo Archer.....Samurai Archer.....Oda Arquabusier.....(See Above)

Horsemen:

Otomo Horse Archer.....Menjii Cavalry(A true Menjii Cavalry hasn't been made yet unfortunately..so I going to have to find some to fill its role, maybe one of Civarmy's Mounted Units that most resembles it).....Khago Tank....Type 90 Tank

China:

Warrior Line

Warrior.....Shang Soldier…..Asian Swordsman.....Chin Swordsman….Tiger Warrior

Archer Line:

Chu Ko Nu......Oda Arquabusier

Spearman Line:

Chin Spearman.....Firelancer.....Oda Arquabusier

Infantry Line:

Oda Arquabusier.....Chinese WW1 Rifleman.....Chinese WW2 Rifleman

Missile Cavalry Line: ? I'm not sure how to imploy this

Melee Cavalry Line:

Tang Cavalry.....Rider.....?.....Early Tank.....Tank.....Modern Armor

Transports:

Kublai....Baode....?.....Transport

Light Warships:

Junk.....War Junk....Tongkang.....?.....?.....Destroyer

Heavy Warships:

War Tiger.....Steam Tiger....Paddle Wheel Ironclad.....Chinese Ironclad.....Cruiser

Korea:

Archers:

Otomo Archer.....Hwarang Archer.....Oda Arquabusier

Infantry:

Warrior.....Asian Swordsman.....Koryo Soldier.....Oda Arquabusier.....Choson Soldier.....Rifleman.....?.....?.....Modern Infantry

Cavalry: ?(help...)

India:

Warriors:

Warrior.....Arabic Swordsman by Riptide(Name Change needed).....Immortal(Name change needed).....Tiger Warrior(Bebro's unit).....Converges with Spearman line

Spearmen:

Hindu Spearman....Arabic Spearman by Riptide(Name change needed).....Mozarab Infantry by Embyrodead(Name Change needed).....?.....Indian Rifleman(Bebro?)......?......Modern Infantry

Archers: ???? Help!

Elephent Line:

War Elephent.....Mahout.....Elephent Cavalry.....Early Tank.....Tank....Modern Armor

Siam: ?

Khmer: ?

Malays: ?

Mongols:

Horse Line:

Horse Archer.....Keshik.....Horde.....Golden Horde.....Gun Horde.....Early Tank....Tank....Modern Armor

Spearmen:

Champion....Chin Spearman.....Oda Arquibusier.....?......Rifleman.....?....?....Mode rn Infantry

Tibet: ?????

Xioung-Nu: ?????

Nepal: ?????

why are you using the ashigaru footman? the PTW Ashigaru is a footman. The hussar from conquest reminds me of the japanese calvery durring the russo-japanese and sino wars. too bad he isnt wearing black clothing
did you cear out your PM box?

The Ashigaru Footman is a offensive unit, while the Ashiguru Pikeman is a Defensive Unit. One has a pike, while that other has a spear-sword thing(I forget the name of the weapon unfortunately)

I'm using one of Civarmy's units as the Menjii Cavalry(Its uniform resembles the Menjii Era Japanese Uniform)

My box is cleaned up..sorry about that Shiro.

Top Bottom