Be a gold miner&The mechanics of 3 range attack

Fallen_Kings

Chieftain
We know that if you have both the Piramids and Citizenship policy,you can repair pillaged improvements instantly.So,if you pillage an improvement and then repair it,repeating this action,you receive about 15GPT...

Good mining,isn't it?:lol:

Nope, not the wind. It is influenced by obstacles and bombardment paths.

What's the story with your pictures?

Nope, not the wind. It is influenced by obstacles and bombardment paths.

What's the story with your pictures?

Oops,it seems that this question has already been mentioned before.Sorry for that.Cannot delete this thread,so I'll change to another one.
As for 3 range questions,see this picture:
Spoiler :

The altitude of each point is:
ground&water:0
mountain:1
hill&hill class wonders:2
forest&jungle:+1
If a point in range 1/2 has a higher altitude than the center(where you are),you cannot see/attack any point in range 3 connected to it that has the same color.
If the center is covered with forest&jungle,you cannot see/attack the yellow points.

The mechanics is:

The point you stand is (0,0),and the target point is (x,y)(Using Hexagonal Coordinates,X axis is upper right and Y axis is right.eg:the white point in the upper right is(1,1))
then check two point(both coordinates are rounded down):
(x/3,y/3)
(2x/3,2y/3)
if these two points's altitude are both not higher than point(0,0),then you can see/attack point(x,y)

If the center is covered with forest&jungle,you cannot see/attack the yellow points.

That explains why my longbow couldn't kill that guy that one time... Still don't understand!

You can only pillage-repair-pillage a tile that wasn't pillaged at the end of the last turn. So, you really can only keep up 1 pillage/turn indefinitely.

To the OP, it is roughly 15gpt, but unit maintenance costs reduce it (depending on era) to roughly 10-12gpt. In the ideal scenario (adjacent improvements on roads *you didn't build*) a scout can pillage 2 tiles/turn, a horseman 3, a knight 4, but it still takes 4 workers.

So, in the renaissance, 4 tiles = 60gpt - (8gpt for 4 workers) - (2gpt for a knight) = 50gpt.

I typically pick an enemy city to raze, and I build roads on the improvements *while* it's razing down, so that I don't maintenance costs on them afterwards. Otherwise, you're looking at 42gpt after the 2gpt tile maintenance. (Reduced with Commerce of course)

This works better with the Inca, because they pay zero for road maintenance, so you don't have to be as careful about roads.

Two such "pillage farms" net you 100gpt, and they're an excellent way to heal mounted units near the front. I typically capture a city with a horseman... he gets reduced to 1 hp... so I go pillage 3 tiles in one turn and he's back in business. ;)

This has more impact early in the game, 1) because gpt is more scarce, and 2) because unit and tile maintenance is cheaper. So if you can get a city in a peace deal around t60 and raze it, you can get your universities for free. Pillage-repair is so broken. :p

Top Bottom