BE no longer loads on Windows 10

I recently upgraded to Windows 10. BE won't load at all now. I get the steam prompt to play "BE or play BE with Mantle". I choose the first option and after a second it just gives me the prompt again. over and over again. I have not tried reinstalling the game. I'm thinking that might work.

Is the problem with Steam compatibility with Windows 10? Or a DirectX issue related to Windows 10? Something else?

My other games work fine. It is only BE and CIV5 that won't work. So I'm thinking it might be a directx issue related to BE and civ5.

Anyone else have this issue and can tell me what the problem is?

Thanks

What helped (at least for me):
In Steam; Right Click on CivBE in the library and select Properties
Then: Local Files, and "check game files on errors" (or sth like that)
That worked for me, hope it also helps you

What helped (at least for me):
In Steam; Right Click on CivBE in the library and select Properties
Then: Local Files, and "check game files on errors" (or sth like that)
That worked for me, hope it also helps you

I did that and it worked. Steam validated the files, downloaded a small 7 mB patch and the game started right up with no issues.

Thanks.

hi promised to say if this woor not, and it worked perfectly. i should have known this becourse i had to do this for a long time already to make civ 5 work. again thank you

I went to Local Files and looked for an option resembling "check game files on errors" but I couldn't find one. What's the exact text of the option that fixed @SupremacyKing2's problem? I clicked "verify integrity of game cache" but this didn't solve my problem. I'm having the same problem that SupremacyKing2 had.

[SOLVED] never mind, I just had to restart BE a couple of times

Top Bottom