beginner questions

It would be nice if devs noticed beginners' questions like this and realized that using the same icon to represent both raw commerce and post-allocation tax revenue was a really poor piece of interface design.

Yeah, they should use the "two arrows" trade icon from CivI or something like it to represent commerce as it would help new players differentiate between commerce and gold production.

I'm not new to civs but regarding the Universal Sufferage civic, I have it selected and the anarchy, etc. Yet in my city screen I cannot find where to rush things. Just if you give me a general locale and what it looks like, thanks for helping me realize I'm blind as said earlier.

Well since the title of this thread is beginner questions I'll ask a couple of questions myself.
First off, why do I not see three little guys in my units representing hit points like I'm supposed to?
Second off, how do you win a diplomatic victory? It seems like nobody in their right mind would vote for someone else over themselves.

Thanks

Heart_of_Gold said:
Well since the title of this thread is beginner questions I'll ask a couple of questions myself.
First off, why do I not see three little guys in my units representing hit points like I'm supposed to?
Second off, how do you win a diplomatic victory? It seems like nobody in their right mind would vote for someone else over themselves.

Thanks

You probably have "show as single unit", or whatever it's called, in options, which, funnily enough, changes your 3-man group into 1 :p

Diplomatic victories in multiplayer are pointless. In singleplayer however, if you accure around +15 or more relationship points with a civ, they do actually end up voting for you. To get that, you basically need to be the same religion as the civ, fight their enemies when they ask, give them techs, etc, when they're greedy, and suck their...well, not that far. But you get what I mean. It's really quite humiliating and I never go for them ;)

You probably have "show as single unit", or whatever it's called, in options, which, funnily enough, changes your 3-man group into 1
I've searched around in options looking for something like that, but can't find anything. Where is it? (Of course most of my time has been spent going "wow this is really cool" so I haven't looked very hard)

Diplomatic victories in multiplayer are pointless. In singleplayer however, if you accure around +15 or more relationship points with a civ, they do actually end up voting for you. To get that, you basically need to be the same religion as the civ, fight their enemies when they ask, give them techs, etc, when they're greedy, and suck their...well, not that far. But you get what I mean. It's really quite humiliating and I never go for them

Well thats boring. I'd rather crush them.

Top Bottom