Best Civ for Real Start Earth Map in VI

Harald is very good with his Longboats and the ability to raid from sea. Last time I played with him I had so many stolen settlers and builders that I didn't know what to do with them anymore.

Planning to try my first every civ 6 game on this map tonight, planning to go monarch, england and with no north or south american civs to simulate a rush for the new world.

Should be interesting, and the tips here are helpfull :)

Planning to try my first every civ 6 game on this map tonight, planning to go monarch, england and with no north or south american civs to simulate a rush for the new world.

Should be interesting, and the tips here are helpfull :)

Maybe make the game start at Medieval or Renaissance Era. :D

I have a goal of playing this map on deity with every single civ there is. The gameplay experience is very different with each civ. For example you can grab a religion easily with some of the civs by either conquering your neighbour's Holy Sites or building Stonehenge with either Gilgamesh, Trajan or Gandhi. So far I've won deity as Victoria, Harald, Hojo, Philip, Qin, Cleopatra, Catherine and Trajan and am playing Tomyris right now.

Last game as Trajan was a close call. I had Catherine, Harald and Peter next to me and I was dragged into a long inland war. Meanwhile Qin was all alone in Asia and was somehow producing 300 science by the turn 150 and I managed to stop his space race victory by a couple of turns before I took his capital. He had 4 Spaceports!

Brotip: Send spies to sabotage Spaceports ftw,

Last edited:
Maybe make the game start at Medieval or Renaissance Era. :D

I have a goal of playing this map on deity with every single civ there is. The gameplay experience is very different with each civ. For example you can grab a religion easily with some of the civs by either conquering your neighbour's Holy Sites or building Stonehenge with either Gilgamesh, Trajan or Gandhi. So far I've won deity as Victoria, Harald, Hojo, Philip, Qin, Cleopatra, Catherine and Trajan and am playing Tomyris right now.

Last game as Trajan was a close call. I had Catherine, Harald and Peter next to me and I was dragged into a long inland war. Meanwhile Qin was all alone in Asia and was somehow producing 300 science by the turn 150 and I managed to stop his space race victory by a couple of turns before I took his capital. He had 4 Spaceports!

Brotip: Send spies to sabotage Spaceports ftw,

I won, science- the AI was bizzare though (i saw wars with archers everywhere in late game) and seemed to constantly do dual war declarations against me without sending any troops to fight (aside from france who fired across the channel with their archers!). All this despite modifiers showing they should like me - and i had the biggest military mid game onwards.

I also found that by the time i started settling america it was a bit late to make a lot of difference, not sure if that was poor civic choices or poor beelining. Perhaps epic speed would work better?

I play TSE a LOT on Deity and honestly I find starting IN Europe is best. There isn't much room for all the civs so just focus a early army and steal some settlers, the AI will swarm you with warriors but as long as you rush archers you will smash them. The good thing is while the start may be rocky once you take out one or two civs then Europe is yours and that gives you a good location to expand into Africa and middle East. After that you should be able to steam roll in w.e category you wish, I avoid isolated starts on high difficulty because of civs like kongo who can really blow up in science/culture. I like being able to reach them so I can eat them up. You will also get a LOT of wine for trade

Finished Tomyris and Gorgo yesterday.

Gorgo was pretty straightforward. I had Trajan as my neighbour, stole one settler from him but couldn't settle it anywhere before I could embark it and even then I only found a good place for the city near Kumasi with 3 fish resources. You really need to go for the +1 production from sea resources fast, otherwise your capital will not have enough production. I pushed all of my envoys to Kabul for the double experience when you initiate an attack. I had +1 range on my Quadriremes! Nothing else to do really than to beeline for Frigates and once I had those I rolled through the enemy capitals like a breeze. On a side note, one warrior and a slinger was enough to hold Rome off conquering me.

Tomyris was a little bit trickier. I had Gilgamesh as my closest civ and he was pushing science fast. Also had Kongo with Arabia in Africa and Teddy all alone in America. In the beginning you only have 1 horse resource so you will have to build an Encampment. Stole one settler from Gilgames and settled second city on those awesome hills next to Hattusa. Awesome production from that place. For a long time I was blocked off the coast and couldn't build my navy up so I was dragged into a long inland war with Harald, Trajan, Philip, Gilgamesh, Saladin and Kongo. Kongo and America was pushing so hard for the science victory that again I had to use spies to sabotage their Spaceports. Finally when I had my Missile Cruisers operating I could go for America. America won the science victory at turn 299 so I had to reload from turn 289 and re-evaluate my game a little bit and managed to take out the last capital at turn 296.

Brotip: Kabul is awesome!
Brotip2: If you can get a religion go for the Crusader Belief and convert your enemy before you attack him, Kongo didn't even mind me doing this! However Spain will spawn Inquisitors so don't even bother.
Brotip3: Again, use spies to sabotage Spaceports.

Gilgamesh this time. Warcarts - awesome. Ziggurats - awesome. Build one builder in the beginning and made two of those right away. A little trick here, you can actually push away Hattusa from his initial location and steal his settler. You of course then eliminate him right away, but I didn't mind, the settler is more usefull imo. Trajan keep feeding me so many settler that I lost count and I also nicked two from Frederick. What really is awesome is having Adventures with Enkidu and Kabul's surezain bonus at the same time! You'll be rolling through those promotions in no time. Kongo actually managed to take out Arabia this game. This is rare! No one spawned in America, but I was almost finished with the game when I was going there so it didn't really make a difference.

I have a quick question. I was playing with persia and got a free armada. I was wondering if this was a glitch? I had my frigate positioned on Greece’s harbor adjacent to the great lighthouse, and after I captured it my frigate became an armada. Any insight?

I have been fascinated by the real start map and I find that isolated civs like the Australians, Aztecs and Americans tend to have really nice starts if you are going for anything besides culture or religious victories. I was wondering what you guys think. My current bet on higher difficulties are the Aussies.

I will say, being Rome is a good choice, as long as the other european civs are in the map too. They will be packed together without new cities.
None of them can out-live Rome once Legions come by, as they can barely counter Rome with early units.
Also the auto-road allows fast movement of military units, speeding the pace of Conquest.
You will end up owning most of the Europe continent, with a number of free cities like Paris, St. Petersburg, Madrid, Nirod in your hands.
Then you can start development, and the advantage of having large number of early cities is hard to be overturned.

The only real rivalry that can stand a chance is Macedon, but he is in the East (and faces Tomyris) so Rome can still own most of Europe.
And England can be reached once you have researched the tech too.

That start with Indonesia.. only plus is that you can get God of the Sea in 13 turns.

I like brazil bc not many people are there and you have insane adjacency bonuses from the amazon so just place cities near or in the amazon and build districts.

Top Bottom