Best feeling when playing a game: quirks of civ players

Isikien

WHOA
I think there's something wrong with me

Every time I declare war, I yell 'DESTROY'. I love bloody doing that. Something about the war horns that turn me on.

No yelling. (I often play late at night when others are sleeping.) But there is this deep sense of satisfaction of "Finally, I am stockpiled enough! You are in deep trouble!" All too often followed by a dismayed "You did what?"

I must sheepishly admit that I often (in an inside voice) say "your **** is finished" to whoever my target it is.

I often grit my teeth and utter: 'Oh you are going die!' When the AI grabs a location I want to settle.

It just infuriates me when they sneak in and drop a city in MY area of the map. I won't even talk about when they a power not even from my continent drops a city on my continent.....They are the first to the mass grave.

Liberalism for Steel and have just enough money banked to upgrade all of my Trebs that were parked right on the border of my enemy? :lol:

"Conan! What is best in life?"
"To crush your enemies -- See them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women!"
-Quote from "Conan the Barbarian"

Corny movie, great quote. It comes into my mind every time a war starts.

Sometimes, when I declare war, like now when I have 4 vassals and I declare on an AI with vassals, there's a heck of a lot of war trumpets and drums playing when everybody declare on everybody, I calmly think to myself: "War were declared". Quote from a Futurama episode :D

When I startedd playing, I was always wanted to be nice to the AI and felt bad having to chose such aggresive options, like "Sorry, it's no rose garden over here" or "YOu're head would look good on the end of a pole" I always just wanted to say, "Sorry, but I need to declare war on you, good luck!" At some point, I started to realize that the AI had no idea what I was saying, and if I said something out loud, it wouldn't know. I now usually just say "Screw you" when I DOW or am given a stupid trade. It feels good.

I say things all the time, generally a bunch of quotes from TV shows, films and Baldur's Gate... All of which are pretty lame.
"I'm the juggernaut :):):):):), you cannot harm me" - I've been censored.
"Hack and slash my way to the top!!!! Mwahahahahaaha"
"Awwww you dead" or "Awwwwww SNAP"
"SOIYA!" - See Ya. Courtesy of Randy Marsh.

So on and so forth. I also emulate the games sounds, i.e. the war horn.

Moderator Action: language - warned
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

AI offers me a horrible trade like Assembly Line for HBR:

Haha you're funny [insert leader here].

I think the best feeling for me is when some civ declares war on me for the third time, for no good reason, and I am finally strong enough to just roll over him without batting an eyelash. That war is just the whole reason I play, I think. He earned it, he deserves it, and I am going to mete out the vengeance he so desperately has demanded. Die, infidel dog!

I have a pair of lucky Civving shoes, (Bunny slippers) which I always wear when I play.

I also swear at the computer in three languages when I get really angry.

I have also been known to bang my head on my desk, resulting in some rather interesting (and disoriented) posts. :D

that explains a bit :)

I guess my quirk is im vengefull. I never forget. If you declared war like 3000 years ago, yr still going down. oh yes.

I've thoroughly edited the AI Diplo text over time just to add a little amusement to the game.
Now the AI leaders' dialogue includes things like:
First encounter with Catherine: "Hi, I'm Cathy and I look forward to stabbing you in the back!"
Monty demands tribute: "Gimme _______ or I will totally kick your a**!"
First encounter with Isabella: "If you call me Izzy I will be more angry at you than I already am."
Shaka DoW's: "Bet you never expected this."
First encounter with Hatty: "I've always relied on the kindness of strangers."
You get the idea.

Moderator Action: language - warned
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

that explains a bit :)
Are you suggesting, Sir, that I am frequently disoriented? :p

Btw, girls, a little concealer and some good foundation will completely cover those tell-tale forehead bruises. Nobody will ever guess that you play Civ. Nobody. ;)

I always kill the first civ I meet as soon as I can manage.

Always.

The only time I haven't done that recently was a game as Boudica, where I met Ragnar, and then a couple turns later met Isabella, and was asked to go to war against her. I ninja'd two of her cities, including her capital, from Ragnar's stack, relocated my palace to her old capital, and now have a hellish culture pressure on Viking lands.

I can hit three of his cities without leaving my own borders.

He will die soon. >:3

My favourite thing I like to do in Civ is the declare mass holy war. Most of the time when I play Asoka, I get Confucianism or Islam (I play with Choose Religion), then I whip my people half to death making missionaries to all my neighbours, eventually converting everyone but one or two other religious leaders like Huayna or Isabella. I then build AP and my first action as leader is everyone declare jihad. DIE INFIDELS!

I always kill the first civ I meet as soon as I can manage.

Always.

The only time I haven't done that recently was a game as Boudica, where I met Ragnar, and then a couple turns later met Isabella, and was asked to go to war against her. I ninja'd two of her cities, including her capital, from Ragnar's stack, relocated my palace to her old capital, and now have a hellish culture pressure on Viking lands.

Essentially due to your meddling in history, Tapas and beautiful coastal resorts will not exist

And being a quarter spanish, neither will I

Damn

Essentially due to your meddling in history, Tapas and beautiful coastal resorts will not exist

And being a quarter spanish, neither will I

Damn

At least I prevented hairy men in horned helmets from pillaging your land and raping your women?

(Ok, hairy men in blue paint isn't much of an improvement, but still)

Top Bottom