Best mods to start out with?

Chris3894

Warlord
I'm interested in installing a few mods. I already have the RED mod and I like that one a lot but what other mods do you guys think I should try out?

InfoAddict
Enhanced User Interface (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=512263)
Smart AI
Full Options Start
Really Advanced Setup
Aggressive and Expansive AI
Less Warmonger Hate
More Luxuries and improved Resource Distribution
Civ IV Diplomatic Features
Reseed!

Speaking of mods do they negate the ability for steam achievements or only certain ones. Will there be a mention if it kills achievement chance when you look at it?

Quick Turns is pretty good. There's also a mod that fixes Gibraltar, Krakatoa and GBR so they spawn near the coast or an island instead of the ocean.

Can anyone post a link to download Less Warmonger Hate outside Steam Workshop? I have the Campaign Edition, so can't use it.

Wow having the NW mod would be fantastic it's so frustrating they spawn in the middle of the ocean it's like they are there only to tease the player and for the happiness bonus

Quick Turns is pretty good. There's also a mod that fixes Gibraltar, Krakatoa and GBR so they spawn near the coast or an island instead of the ocean.

These are great.

Mine:
- Quick Turns (awesome as explained above)
- GBR/Krakatoa/Gibraltar fix: nice to see these always be meaningful in some way.
- Diplomacy Values: shows you the exact value of various diplo modifiers. Nice to let you know the relative values to see exactly how happy or mad someone is, or what your actions are worth
- XCOM Initiative: Moves XCOM to a world congress project in the ultra lategame. Makes XCOM Squads quite rare and actually special. Just something I like.
- Simple Alarm Clock: Adds a clock top center of your UI. Also enables features like a forced save & quit at a specified time. Hard counter to "one more turn".
- Rename Unit: lets you rename a unit at any time, don't have to wait for promotions.

Been using EUI and a few other mods from this list. EUI especially is giving me an issue that I am wondering if it is just me or if it is a known problem. Every single time I try to mouse over a hex to view it, there is like a 3 second delay or so to actually get the tooltip. Like if I am unsure if it is a hill or just the edge of a mountain, or I want to confirm the tech to work the hex.

Change the advances tooltip delay to 0 in the games options menu.

Thanks for the info I shall look into that. Also of note as an update to my noobness, doing very well as Inca in a game on prince standard Pangea Plus on Prince. Best GPT and Happiness I have yave yet had. Good feeling this game might be my first Victory screen in Civ 5. ^_^

Edit: Map Info Delay solved it. Tool Tip delay does something else I assume.

2nd Edit: HAHAHA 1st non Prophet Great Person of the Inca... The Great Merchant, Steve Jobs... Death to Apple!

Now, I've installed this, and for me something must be wrong, because in my last game Krakatoa is far out at sea:

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Wtf? Any takers? Also, the Goody Hut mod sometimes fail me and give me map or barb sites.

I use reseed to check whether I am locked in an inland sea. I also use really advanced setup to give the dutch a coastal start bias and finally I use the extra trade route from caravansery and civ 4 diplomatic features

Instead of using smart Ai, just use the community patch. its being updated and worked on and already better than smart ai was

oh and get my mod so the ai doesnt suck with america netherlands mongolia japan germany lol :)

InfoAddict
Enhanced User Interface (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=512263)
Smart AI
Full Options Start
Really Advanced Setup
Aggressive and Expansive AI
Less Warmonger Hate
More Luxuries and improved Resource Distribution
Civ IV Diplomatic Features
Reseed!

When I search for 'enhanced user interface' I get this:

No items matching your search criteria were found.

Can anyone tell me what name I should be searching for?

Top Bottom