Best start ever?

pixiejmcc

Prince
I've yet to beat immortal but this could me chance :p

Attachments

• best start ever.jpg
    best start ever.jpg
    231.8 KB · Views: 488
happiness will be your main problem with using all those fish etc. The plains hill is a nice touch though.

horrible start imo. civ karma usually tells me start like that mean no real good surrounding land. And to make it worse you cant really tile share well. All that seafood cant be broken up easily.

happiness is a issue way before globe theatre. theres only so much worker/settler/chop you can do in early game until you're forced to cap growth.

Maybe you can chop in the colossus, so you get at least good gold out of your capitol. Otherwise give the corn to your second or third city. The rest will have to stay with your capitol. You wont have enough happiness. You also have two completly useless tiles low production and no river. So yeah, not the best start ever. Since you're financial is decent.

Tile share the corn early using a city planted on that tundra (unless it has a resource). This is definitely a good globe city, you can essentially draft from it non-stop on normal speed. Early on it's a great GPP site too.

Is Globe/Drafting synergy a common strategy if you have a high food city with little other value? I guess that shows I'm still a Noble level player - haven't figured all this stuff out yet!

Is Globe/Drafting synergy a common strategy if you have a high food city with little other value? I guess that shows I'm still a Noble level player - haven't figured all this stuff out yet!

Yes, it's a very powerful strategy. And as TMIT says, on normal speed you should be able to draft 1 unit per turn with that city without the need to give it a rest (I have't done the actual maths but I think it should grow back every turn at about 8 pop). I actually think waiting for rifles is a bit long. A maceman drafting strategy could be used with early nationalism/globe. And even 2-pop infantry drafts wouldn't be difficult to pull off every second turn late game. Problem is this start won't be fully utilisable for a while. Without fresh water, even health could be a problem. It would be much better with a charismatic/expansive leader.

Yes, it's a very powerful strategy. And as TMIT says, on normal speed you should be able to draft 1 unit per turn with that city without the need to give it a rest (I have't done the actual maths but I think it should grow back every turn at about 8 pop). I actually think waiting for rifles is a bit long. A maceman drafting strategy could be used with early nationalism/globe. And even 2-pop infantry drafts wouldn't be difficult to pull off every second turn late game. Problem is this start won't be fully utilisable for a while. Without fresh water, even health could be a problem. It would be much better with a charismatic/expansive leader.
I tried it on Prince with a city with 2 food resources and all other irrigated grasslands, and I farmed all of them. Turned out great, 1 rifle per turn got me from the lowest in power to third. After AL, I didn't use it much, because my cities with factories could anyways produce infantry real quick.

I tried it on Prince with a city with 2 food resources and all other irrigated grasslands, and I farmed all of them. Turned out great, 1 rifle per turn got me from the lowest in power to third. After AL, I didn't use it much, because my cities with factories could anyways produce infantry real quick.

Draft 3 units per turn, always using the globe and rotating which other cities you use so that you get less :mad:.

6-9 cities can easily put out 40+ rifles in 10 turns if even one of them can also build them decently. Don't mind about stacking draft :mad:...the extra cities, resources, etc you get are worth it and it will eventually go away. Hitting sooner and harder is more valuable than :). I've had games where I had to go 30-40% culture to keep my cities somewhat happy while spam drafting...and after capturing cities would have gone into strike w/o stockpiled gold. However with so many units it was one vassal after another with lots of capture gold...and then enough resources to offset the anger and new cities to rotate into the drafting pool such that :) stopped being a problem at all.

Of course if you have 100+ rifles you might just draft the globe city at that point unless you actually need more...

The Hippodrome (+1 :) per 5% culture rate) is pretty awesome with drafting. As are redcoats of course.

I would call turkey on that one, it looks like the surrounding terrain is crap. No fresh water for the capital kinda sucks tho I suppose the food plethora offsets that. Nice touch being Dutch tho, with the Dike that city won't need to be a draft center, just build one-turn infantry and keep the capitol commerce bonus with Bureau. Heck, if you workshop the place you might crank out a tank/turn. One thing is for sure -- your navy shouldn't suffer here either :)

Top Bottom