best strategy for beating king before 1000AD?

foulsmell

Chieftain
this is the 1 accomplishment i cant get. i've tried quite a few time, with different civs (german, japan,zulu, aztec). just havent pulled it off yet. got any tips?

this is the 1 accomplishment i cant get. i've tried quite a few time, with different civs (german, japan,zulu, aztec). just havent pulled it off yet. got any tips?

Aztec
Put both workers on production.
Turn 1: Rush a Warrior
Turn 3: 2nd Warrior should be able to be rushed.

Start exploring away from you directly. Your goal here is to get to one of the other civs before they have any defenses.

You can cheat a bit if you want and save the game right away, run your guys around and map out the other civs locations.

Anyway, rush to grab a civ, the closest one first. Try to take out England early if you can, Greece before they get any defenses up helps a lot too.
Grab huts after you get your easy one or two civs, you should get three times your share of huts. Huts will give you gold, galley, or horseman, all of which are very useful to continue. You should be able to take your second or third civ out with a horseman army fairly quickly.

When I did it, I was only able to get one civ before the defenses went up, so I actually left the next closest to me alive, hopped on a galley and took the other two quickly with horsemen armies and a heavily advanced warrior army.

The next closest was left around because I was able to start sending my newer troops to it while the 2nd to last city was being wrapped up.

I think I finished by 50 or 70 AD, lots of extra breathing room. Only thing that gave me any trouble was running into a archer army in one city, the numbers were close so I relied on save and load to get through it, I had eough extra time I could have brought another army over though.

This is the only achievement I still have to unlock too. I think I'm going to try with the Arabs later on.

I found it to be easiest with the Mongols. Put both workers from the 1st city on science, and go for horseback riding. You'll get it at 3600 BC. Now switch both workers to production and start building/rushing keshiks.

The keshiks explore and attack at twice what the warriors do. Send the keshiks around on barbarian/other-civ hunts. Whatever barbarians you find become cities (to make more keshiks), and give expierence. The extra cities from barbarians actually make keshik armies faster than rushing with gold.

Once you have an army of keshiks up (they should be at least veteran by now), you can take out whatever civ is closest, and turn their city into a trade factory (captured cities get 50% bonus trade). Put all their workers on trade and make science. Science, you say? Yes: you're going to research the easiest next 4 techs you can get. That will get you to the midieval age, where your keshiks now have 3 moves per turn. If you have any extra gold from friendly villages, you can also purchase cheap techs from any civs you haven't gone to war with yet. That will get you to +1 movement faster. You can also threaten other civs, and you naturally get techs when you take their cities too.

With 5-6 barbarian cities, a captured civ city, and your own home city, you'll have keshik armies romping all over the continent very quickly.

Alright I just achieved this, now getting all 1000 gamerpoints. First game I've ever done that for... Yay! :goodjob:

Anyway, here's what I did: I played as the Arabs, went right for horseback riding putting both citizens toward research, then switched to building horsemen and putting my citizens toward production. Get a few tribal villages until you find the nearest capital, and go for it. Just continue building horsemen and forming armies, taking everyone's capital you can find. Research the basic techs so you can get to the Medieval age and get catapults. Nobody should be able to stop your catapult armies. I had 4 of the 5 capitals by the time I got catapults, only had to finish Shaka off. I won in 150AD, I would've won earlier if I didn't have to use a galley to get to Shaka's capital. It was incredibly easy using the horsemen rush.

Top Bottom