Beta & Bug Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never used InfoAddict. Refusing always works fine for me. It only hangs when I accept. I've also noticed that after I have this accept-hang-escape problem that after closing the game the steam.exe command that launched the game never quits, even after closing steam.

Ok so I played another game last night and didn't have any weird science issues regarding tons of extra science. The only issue i had is that i had 2 DoF and was into the medieval era and wasn't receiving any science from them, or at least not showing as a separate line in the tooltip.

I did run into a bug where CS food was causing food in cities to be displayed as 2.6666666666667 which didn't quite fit in the provided box :p Probably a simple fix though.

Maybe I found the bug cause DoF RA get no science in v4.14 beta,
Live Turner reported a typo.

In \ Unofficial Patch \ UP_General.lua, line 150 and 160,
where "round()" be called,

but in \ Unofficial Patch \ Thals Utilities \ ThalsUtilities.lua, line 92,
"Round()" here. :confused:

@Txruce I think I've found the mod info file but I'm unable to open it. Do I need a program to open it with because windows doesn't recognize the file type. Also, how do I save a game to steam? Do I just transfer a saved game over to steam somehow? I know this is probably simple stuff so thanks for helping me out.

@Txruce I think I've found the mod info file but I'm unable to open it. Do I need a program to open it with because windows doesn't recognize the file type. Also, how do I save a game to steam? Do I just transfer a saved game over to steam somehow? I know this is probably simple stuff so thanks for helping me out.

I'm not sure how to proceed with the first step, since I'm not at my PC right now, and have never tried to open that file myself.

With regard to saving to Steam, go to the screen where you would normally load a save. At the top there should be a link that allows you to save to Steam, as opposed to Quick Save.

Are you certain that the Liberty policy that gives .5 happiness per connected city is working properly? I had that policy, piety opener (5 happy), and three connected cities and under the happiness drop down it said I was receiving 5 happiness from policies.

The 1 hammer per city did appear to work properly however.

Notepad should be able to read the file just fine.

Are you certain that the Liberty policy that gives .5 happiness per connected city is working properly? I had that policy, piety opener (5 happy), and three connected cities and under the happiness drop down it said I was receiving 5 happiness from policies.

The 1 hammer per city did appear to work properly however.

Republic is working properly in v.14 for me.

@Thal - I think the 50% reduction for border expansion cost on the Governor's Mansion should be removed because the culture counter is reset on capture.

@kaomarket
Thank you very much for that helpful bug report, I was able to find and fix the problem in seconds. :goodjob:

If you change the name to Round it should work properly.

@antdog
I wouldn't worry about it too much, I think it's safe to say now it's not an InfoAddict problem exclusively.

@Gamewizard
I found and fixed the Republic bug at some point... I think I included the fix in beta build 4.14, though forgot to document it.

@Seek
I think I might be able to fix the border-reset bug directly. There's a "SetJONSCultureLevel" function I could use to override puppet states when captured, though I'm not sure if it'd cause the borders to grow. The problem is figuring out an efficient way to detect what the culture level was before the city was captured. I've put it on my todo list.

If you settle with camps in archery, don't forget to put the flavor text about camps on the archery technology icon and remove it from the old tech.

v14 - I became an ally with a Maritime, and the notification icon said I would gain +0 food to my capital and +0 food to all other cities.

The problem is figuring out an efficient way to detect what the culture level was before the city was captured.
Can you count the number of owned tiles in the city's radius to determine the "expansion level" and then multiply by the appropriate factor?

There is no efficient way to really do it without a full on culture check every single turn in SaveUtils.

I was playing 4.14 today and the good news is that I got an open borders request, accepted, and it didn't freeze. In a previous version it was freezing every time. But the bad news is that even after changing 'round' to 'Round' in two places in the above file, I still wasn't seeing any research sharing from friendly civs.

But the bad news is that even after changing 'round' to 'Round' in two places in the above file, I still wasn't seeing any research sharing from friendly civs.
I ran FireTuner, loaded a save and ended the turn. The console didn't show any errors or any "Sci bonus for" text. I had a DoF with the Ottomans and I'm positive we both researched Philosophy. Seems the logic is short circuiting somewhere and not getting to the science bonus.

@black213
I'll update the notifications, thank you for mentioning it.

@SSgtDuke
I've attached a version of UP_General.lua with some extra debug text to hopefully track down the problem. If you can, please unzip the file into the Unofficial Patch directory, open the tuner and end your turn. It'll display a huge amount of debug information (mostly related to citystate food), but among that should be info on how much DoF research each player gets (and if they get none due to tech or anarchy reasons).

Thought I'd posted this message earlier, but must have accidentally logged off before saving it.

At any rate, wanted to let you know that I encountered a minor, but annoying bug playing version 4.14 beta today (just the beta - no other mods).

When opening the city production screens, the food production figures were not being rounded off to whole numbers, but were instead displayed out to many digits. This then blocked the ability to see how many hammers each city had. (see attached screenprint).

Tried hot swapping in version 4.15 beta, but that did not clear up the problem. In fact, it actually caused the city production info to go blank (the numbers of food, hammers, gold, etc.), plus the production que display looked kinda weird. Also deleted the cache folder contents, but this did no help either.

Had LiveTuner running in the background, but was unable to get the "save panel as" command to work, and also was unable to copy/paste the contents to a file. If someone could please give a few tips on how to copy & post LiveTuner info, that would be great!

Oh, well. Just finished my v4.14 beta game (got beaten by the UN vote - rats!), so will wrap things up tonight and try again tomorrow with the next numbered beta version.

Attachments

• 4.14 beta City Food Production Screen Print.gif
    4.14 beta City Food Production Screen Print.gif
    198.2 KB · Views: 69
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom