Not open for further replies.

Gedemon

Modder
Super Moderator
I hope this one will be short !

DISCLAIMER for the beta version:
- No installation support
- Use only the Europe 39-45 map to test the Fall of france event

Links are in the spoiler, read the above first and click "show".
Spoiler :

Again the "Fall of France" on the 39-45 map is what to test here

Here is a savegame from v.39 that you can use to quickly test the new function:
Fall_of_France_Test.Civ5Save

Launch the mod, load the save, don't do anything, just attack Paris with the Sturmpanzer VI and please report if the game crashes for you.

If it does, please post your lua.log.

If it doesn't, try to make it crashes with new settings (make France capture a few cities on the map, place units there and there, etc... be creative ! :D)

How to provide the Lua.log :
  • Enable lua loging : open the config.ini file (in "..\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5") with notepad or any other text editor, find the line with "LoggingEnabled = 0" and replace by "LoggingEnabled = 1"
  • Launch the game, try to repeat the bug and quit the game once it has happened
  • Before launching it again, go to the "..\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Logs" folder, either open Lua.log with your text editor and save the log as a .txt file or simply zip the log file and then post it in this forum as an attachment to your post (don't try to copy/paste it, it may be too long for the allowed post size)

Report also new bugs in this thread (but check the list below to see if it has not been already reported)

Current new bugs since v.39 final:
  • (none)

Change log :

DLL:
  • defenseModifier can stack
  • "sweeping" is now "air superiority" : engage enemy intercepting aircraft in the area and also give reconnaissance on the adjacent tiles (no need to see the targeted plot)

UI / Visuals:
  • update resource string on mouse over plot to match the mod's rules
  • really give correct information about defensive value of a plot
  • add max range highlight to "Air Superiority" missions (previously "Air Sweep")
  • tweak some battleships, cruisers and heavy cruisers size

Balance:
  • tweak U.S.S.R. air class ratio
  • tweak leaders' flavor values

Crash fix:
  • test changes for the "Fall of France" event on the 39-45 map
  • give more space to infantry figures in R.E.D Xtreme, to prevent some crashes during combats' animations.

And thanks for testing :goodjob:

Allright, I'm downloading now. I'll provide the lua.log after i test it

EDIT: can't figure out where to put it... there is no .civ5mod file in either of the mod folders

just delete the previous version and put the .civ5mod file in the mods folder, launch the game, go in the mods menu, extraction should begin after a few seconds.

else you can use 7zip to extract the mod from the .civ5mod file.

you may have to unsubscribe from steam to manually install this version.

The beta works without a crash for me, the territorial anomaly also seems to be fixed, however resistance remains.

Attachments

• 2015-05-24_00008.jpg
    2015-05-24_00008.jpg
    372.9 KB · Views: 106
  • Lua beta40.zip
    12.9 KB · Views: 70
Didnt crash on Paris capture. Then I spawned French unit in Paris and Riems with IGE and it didnt crashed as well.

It's all good. It lags a bit, but that's fine. I still don't know what those lines of code did that we removed... what did they do?

Attachments

• Lua.zip
    13.1 KB · Views: 79
The beta works without a crash for me, the territorial anomaly also seems to be fixed, however resistance remains.
ho, yes, thanks, I forgot to do a pass on Vichy's cities, I'll fix that the final release (ie: not now, not critical)

It's all good. It lags a bit, but that's fine. I still don't know what those lines of code did that we removed... what did they do?

the goal was to find when the crash happened, it could have been during the units displacements by the mod's script, during city flipping by the mod's script (which may cause other units displacements caused by the game's own rules), when the culture on the tile is changed (which may cause, again, units displacements from the game's rules AND city flipping), etc, etc...

some of the actions were looping (the mod's script asking to flip a city, but if the action was not finished by the game's engine when culture changed on the plot later in the code, it triggered another call to the function handling city flipping, etc, etc...)

there is lag now because the mod's script give back the hand to the game's engine for a few frame after every action but that was not sufficient to prevent crashing, I've removed some loop, cleaned parts of the codes that were not needed, based on your reports.

Anyway that's very good news, please everyone who had the bug I'd like you to try various settings, and if you find one who crashes, please post the save and the log here.

and, again, thank you guys for the test :goodjob:

Holy hell, I've been waiting for this for so long, thank you Gedemon! T_T

Fall of France seems to work fine for me and I can confirm that the weird French territory strip that appeard between Vichy and Italy seems to be gone now. I will mess around with it for a bit and report any bugs I can find.

Yes, we've fixed one particular save, let me know if you manage to create another one that crashes.

No more crashes then ? did some of you had time to test a few other situations ?

Yeah, I've tested it with other situations. Not only that, I also tested it with the Fall of Denmark and the Fall of Poland. Both worked fine. However, in my latest test, the Fall of France event never fired upon capturing Paris.

Yeah, I've tested it with other situations. Not only that, I also tested it with the Fall of Denmark and the Fall of Poland. Both worked fine. However, in my latest test, the Fall of France event never fired upon capturing Paris.
Good !

And it doesn't fire if U.S.S.R. has entered the war against Germany or after 1941.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom