Beta v4.X - General Discussion

so about wwgd, do you still need to download the wwgd mod along with TBC or is everything from wwgd in this mod now?

Chances are, the public release this week will include the most up to date version of WWGD.

Thal and Sneaks, I'm just about done with a game using 4.35 and v6. It ran very well, nothing seemed off, with the diplomacy just right. This includes the Ottomans being Friends but coveting my lands, DoW'ing me, taking one of my CS, and then being denounced and DoW'd by Egypt and Arabia.

Research pace also seemed on a par with before.

The AI did not seem bogged down in the early game, beyond the appropriate slowdown that WWGD causes. (The fixes also erased my food explosion in my earlier game.)

Of interest (although probably having to do with vanilla) are that I am told my DoF expired with people with whom I had no treaty.

The DoF thing appears to happen when you get a DoF request or send one, and it is refused, a timer still starts, and you will receive the notification.

Does anything show up in the console when you build it? I don't alter the projects (Apollo, Manhattan, etc), spaceship parts, or the space victory condition in any way, so I doubt it's something I did.

v4.29 beta

• Added translations in Deutsch for building tooltips (thanks Berkan!)
  • Included WWGD as part of the Balance - Leaders component (at Sneaks' request).

As of v4.29 beta tbc has included wwgd.

Does anything show up in the console when you build it? I don't alter the projects (Apollo, Manhattan, etc), spaceship parts, or the space victory condition in any way, so I doubt it's something I did.

It says I finished the Apollo Program on my build queue, and also in the news on the right. But none of my cities can build a Booster.

If TBC beta includes WWGD - v6 now? - then am I being superfluous in downloading it separately, and should I delete it?

It says I finished the Apollo Program on my build queue, and also in the news on the right. But none of my cities can build a Booster.

If TBC beta includes WWGD - v6 now? - then am I being superfluous in downloading it separately, and should I delete it?

I just checked my UI again, and Apollo is listed as built in the queue, but does not show up in the Wonders box where the NC and Oxford are. Does this indicate anything in particular?

With regard to WWGD, the dates on the files in the version included in 4.36 are earlier than those in the version (6) I downloaded separately.

I think I figured out what was causing me those problems post-patch! I believe it was the ModUserData file; I deleted all it's contents, cleared the cache (again) and deleted all modded saves and all the "bugs" I noticed have disappeared.:smoke: Txurce, give it a try.

I think I figured out what was causing me those problems post-patch! I believe it was the ModUserData file; I deleted all it's contents, cleared the cache (again) and deleted all modded saves and all the "bugs" I noticed have disappeared.:smoke: Txurce, give it a try.

I'm about to. The MUD folder mostly had willard files. All of it contents have been deleted. To be clear, I should also delete the Civ5ModsDatabase?

Whenever I delete that file (or move it out and to the desktop, as I just did, the game refuses to load.

What do you mean - a save game refuses to load, or Civ itself? When you delete the civ5modsdatabase file, make sure the game isn't running, then fire it up and go back into "browse mods" ingame and re-activate them. It might mess with a savegame, though, so there's a chance you'll have to start anew.

What do you mean - a save game refuses to load, or Civ itself? When you delete the civ5modsdatabase file, make sure the game isn't running, then fire it up and go back into "browse mods" ingame and re-activate them. It might mess with a savegame, though, so there's a chance you'll have to start anew.

I deleted the file after quitting the game. The saved game refuse to load - I get an hourglass icon and the game hangs. I think it does mess with a savegame, but as you said, I had nothing to lose anyway, since I couldn't build the spaceship anyway. Now that I've done all of the above, I'll report back once I get to the same point in another game. Thanks a lot.

Where can we see the changes made for the latest beta? I see that we are already on 5.6, correct?

Top Bottom