Better BAT AI

It looks like the BUG Military Adviser isn't loading (or working, I can't tell). Can you zip and upload your log files so I can take a look at them, please?

This is in the BUG code, so I may not be able to help as I'm not as familiar with it, but I'll try.

All of them, please.

Well, your XML isn't loading...

I'm still looking.

That leads me to believe that it's either a specific leader, a civ, or a unit that is your problem. Have you edited any of those recently?

Hi,

yesterday I´ve erased several other errors in python (CvEventManager and WBDesc) and now the error doesn´t show up until now. Perhaps it depended on one of the other errors.

I hope it stays like this and thank you very much for your help.

P.S. I didn´t change anything of the things you mentioned. The crazy thing was, that even with the same game settings and civs, the sometimes came up and other times it didn´t.

P.S. I didn´t change anything of the things you mentioned. The crazy thing was, that even with the same game settings and civs, the sometimes came up and other times it didn´t.
Well, I'm glad it worked. Usually when something comes up for one game and not another, it's due to a variable, like a leader, or unit, or something. Even changing the art on a building can mess things up.

I'm happy that you got it to work.

The 'Blessed Sea' and 'Famine' events had wrong image paths in CIV4EventTriggerInfos.xml.
Here is fixed file. :)

Attachments

• CIV4EventTriggerInfos.7z
    15.4 KB · Views: 135
Once again, a big thank you. :)

Do you have the source files of the normal Better BAT AI-DLL for me too? One of my friends has memory allocation errors and I´ve read, that the 50 civ dll uses more memory than the normal one. Thank you!

Do you have the source files of the normal Better BAT AI-DLL for me too? One of my friends has memory allocation errors and I´ve read, that the 50 civ dll uses more memory than the normal one. Thank you!
The source code link is in the second post in this thread. It's the normal one. :)

Hi,

I think I found an error. For the female great person "Jane Goodall" is no text entry included.

I don't know how that ever wound up in there. I kept taking her out...

Thank you, I'll fix it in the next version.

The source code link is in the second post in this thread. It's the normal one. :)

Are you sure about that? I tried it but in the CvDefines.h is a part about 50 Civs too. Since I don´t really understand C++ I´m not sure. This is the code I found:
Code:
/************************************************************************************************/
/* 50 Players                                                                                   */
/*                                                                                              */
/************************************************************************************************/
/* original code
#ifdef _USRDLL
*/
#if defined(MAX_CIV_50) && defined(_USRDLL)
#define MAX_CIV_PLAYERS												(50)
#endif
#if !defined(MAX_CIV_50) && defined(_USRDLL)
/* 50 Players END                                                                               */

/* BETTER_BTS_AI_MOD                      01/03/09                                jdog5000      */
/*                                                                                              */
/* original bts code
#define MAX_CIV_PLAYERS												(18)
*/
// Change number of civs in game
#define MAX_CIV_PLAYERS												(18)
/* BETTER_BTS_AI_MOD                       END                                                  */
/* 50 Players                                                                                   */
/* original code
#else
*/
#endif
#if !defined(_USRDLL)
/* 50 Players END                                                                               */

I´ve added a tag for Jane Goodall in my Mod. Would it be better to take her out, since there is something else missing somewhere?

MAX_CIV_50 is a makefile compiler flag and has to be set to have 50 civs.

The code in your snippet will compile to 18 Civs, but you can change that 18 to anything you like, up to 50.

And I was supposed to take Jane out, since she's still alive. I don't know how she even got in there in the first place...

Hi,

I got the following error while using the debug-dll and starting a new custom game. The debug-dll ist just recompiled of the source-files in your second post. I also get the message when I use the debug-dll in the original Better BAT AI.

And now the third and last:
Code:
Assert Failed

File:  CvInitCore.cpp
Line:  1098
Expression:  eIndex < NUM_GAMEOPTION_TYPES

Code:
bool CvInitCore::getOption(GameOptionTypes eIndex) const
{
	[COLOR="Red"]FASSERT_BOUNDS(0, NUM_GAMEOPTION_TYPES, eIndex, "CvInitCore::getOption");[/COLOR]
	if ( checkBounds(eIndex, 0, NUM_GAMEOPTION_TYPES) )
	{
		return m_abOptions[eIndex];
	}
	else
	{
		return false;
	}
}

Any idea how I could fix it?

Hi,

here´s another little error. In the TechTree the Great Person, which is necessary to build a corporation, is shown twice.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0047.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0047.JPG
    295.9 KB · Views: 174
Hi,

I got the following error while using the debug-dll and starting a new custom game. The debug-dll ist just recompiled of the source-files in your second post. I also get the message when I use the debug-dll in the original Better BAT AI.

And now the third and last:
Code:
Assert Failed

File:  CvInitCore.cpp
Line:  1098
Expression:  eIndex < NUM_GAMEOPTION_TYPES

Code:
bool CvInitCore::getOption(GameOptionTypes eIndex) const
{
	[COLOR="Red"]FASSERT_BOUNDS(0, NUM_GAMEOPTION_TYPES, eIndex, "CvInitCore::getOption");[/COLOR]
	if ( checkBounds(eIndex, 0, NUM_GAMEOPTION_TYPES) )
	{
		return m_abOptions[eIndex];
	}
	else
	{
		return false;
	}
}

Any idea how I could fix it?
Have you added an in game option to the XML? It looks like it's reading something in, and the DLL isn't ready to accept the extra options you've defined.

Hi,

here´s another little error. In the TechTree the Great Person, which is necessary to build a corporation, is shown twice.

This is a known problem, and it has been fixed in the new BAT DLL. I just haven't released it yet. I'm hoping to before Christmas, with BBATAI some time in the new year.

No. I didn´t add any game options. I get the same error when I just use my debug-dll on the unchanged Better BAT AI. We only use the settings in the BBAI_Game_Options_GlobalDefines.xml.

Top Bottom