Beyond 2050 ad

Matey

Chieftain
Sorry if this is the wrong forum or this question has been answered.

In Civ III you could edit the end game time, for score and playability. I can not find this option in civ iv and when playing on "normal" my games always end right when I start getting the really good stuff or have a really good game. I played the short version, but way to short and I had armor around 1700 ad, which makes the game feel cheesy. I like the normal, haven't tried epic because I think it would just make me have less tech at 2050.

Does anyone know of any way to extend this time like in Civ iii?

Much thanks,

Yer Matey

You can turn in off when you do a custom game

(I think thats what it is called)

GiantRaven said:
You can turn in off when you do a custom game

(I think thats what it is called)

:yup:

Just turn off the Time Victory. Or change the change date in a file. (Don't know what)

Matey said:
Sorry if this is the wrong forum or this question has been answered.

In Civ III you could edit the end game time, for score and playability. I can not find this option in civ iv and when playing on "normal" my games always end right when I start getting the really good stuff or have a really good game. I played the short version, but way to short and I had armor around 1700 ad, which makes the game feel cheesy. I like the normal, haven't tried epic because I think it would just make me have less tech at 2050.

Does anyone know of any way to extend this time like in Civ iii?

Much thanks,

Yer Matey

On epic you would have the same amount of tech in any given year (the time and the cost both scale)

The only real change on the game speeds is the amount of movement in a game...
on Marathon, your units move three times as much and you get to build 50% more of them in one game.
on Quick your units move 67% as much and you build 80% as much in one game

Now if you want to play Past a Victory condition, you can do that, just tell it you want to play a few more turns

If you Don't want Time as a Victory condition, go to Custom game when you start up. (you should probably also eliminate Space Race if you want to Really play with all the modern units)

If your tech is going too fast in one game, move to a higher difficulty level, you will have more maintenance costs And the techs will be more expensive

Thank you all, I did this and it worked.

Honestly, I thought that I did this before, but I guess not. I followed the instructions here and no more:

50 turns left!!!

Hate the exclamation after that saying :cool:

Yer Matey

I would never play anything other than epic. I think it makes for a more realistic game.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Look on my works,
Ye mighty,
and dispare."​
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
P.S.
I only play with the Domination Victory Condition.

I only play with the Domination Victory Condition
well, at least you know that the AI isn't going to win...

Top Bottom