[Beyond the Sword] History In The Making

I could only find vague information on the promotion in the Civopedia, but I did learn that it requires 'Grave's Placeholder' which in turn requires 'Future Tech'. Is this a bug? How did the Aztecs get this promotion and what are it's effects?

No, this in not a bug. Blessed in and of itself does nothing. All it's there for is to gain access to the two other Religious promotions (Spiritual Peace and Martyr). The "Placeholder" tech is there so I can add things to the game that I don't want you to directly have access to. For example, if I didn't have the "Placeholder" then anybody could gain access to the Free Promotion and Blessed promotions in the game, whether or not they build an Armory or had the Spiritual Trait. Does that make sense?

Secondly, I have access to three oil sources, two on land and one on my coast with a drilling platform. All sources are improved and connected to my cities, yet none of my cities have access to oil as a resource. I messed about with the world builder a bit to test it and even gave myself every tech in the game just to see if there was something I was missing.

It seems however that I just cannot have access to oil in any way whatsoever even if I have the resource tiles properly tapped. A game destroying problem to say the least, because it means I can never build Modern Era weapons.

Can you post up a savegame that has this problem in it?

And lastly, I wanted to know if there is a way to remove the Victory alert that is pasted all over the screen after someone meets certain victory conditions. On the last game I played, the Inca won a cultural victory in 1348 AD while people were still just starting the Industrial era. Naturally I wanted to carry on playing the game but the huge white 'PACAL II WINS CULTURAL VICTORY!!!' font pasted all over the screen is annoying at best.

LOL... I'm not sure what I can do about that. That's part of the vanilla game. Maybe uncheck the Cultural Victory when making a custom game? :lol:

i just finished a game and i have to say: great mod!!!!
only a few things:
- i had two resources of uranium, but i could not build the A10 unit, although i had everything you need for that. it seemed that my cities had no access to uranium. this problem is perhaps similar to MasterTonberrys?
- i think the polish special units are a bit too strong, their bonuses are exactly what you need in the accordant time period.
- i don't know if this is changed in the recent patch, but the scientific leader trait is too strong

otherwise, i had really fun - it was kind of a new civ experience without changing it into something completely new. Great work!!!

I continue to have problems with version 3.19
and the patch. I use win xp.
error on cvgamecoredll.dll.
then I keep playing with the version 3.02 which works perfectly.

No, this in not a bug. Blessed in and of itself does nothing. All it's there for is to gain access to the two other Religious promotions (Spiritual Peace and Martyr). The "Placeholder" tech is there so I can add things to the game that I don't want you to directly have access to. For example, if I didn't have the "Placeholder" then anybody could gain access to the Free Promotion and Blessed promotions in the game, whether or not they build an Armory or had the Spiritual Trait. Does that make sense?

Can you post up a savegame that has this problem in it?

LOL... I'm not sure what I can do about that. That's part of the vanilla game. Maybe uncheck the Cultural Victory when making a custom game? :lol:

I removed all my old savegames with my last reinstall of Windows 7. I was intending to start a new game in the next couple of days though, so assuming it happens again when I discover Oil I will post the save here.

I removed all my old savegames with my last reinstall of Windows 7. I was intending to start a new game in the next couple of days though, so assuming it happens again when I discover Oil I will post the save here.

Yes, please do. Because, while I didn't play a "real" game, I went into WorldBuilder and put Uranium and Oil resources in my City Cross, then added the Mines and Well, and the city had access to both resources via the City Screen. Plus I never had this problem in any of the "real" games I played, too.

So I'm curious about this...

I started a new game, and I was struggling to keep my 3rd place. I noticed I no longer had +1 free scientist in each city from the Scientific trait. I then read that you removed it, which it fine because it might have been too overpowered.

So I rushed towards a holy city to get an economic boost, but then I got an cultural boost from Church of the Nativity - is that intended? And where do I change that?

edit: I have found the xml file - no worries

Hi, I think someone else requested this also but I think it would be neat too.

Would anyone want to make use an Earth map and put 24 civs on it(The max allowed in this mod I think?)

Maybe use Rhye's earth map to do it or something? If your allowed or whatever.

Do you think it's possible to merge this mod with "White Lies Black Ops" ? (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=336721)

I'll probably try to do it later but I'm a bit noobish at this and I don't want to spend a lot of time trying to merge them and then discover they're not compatible or something :crazyeye:

Anyways about HitM : I LOVE IT :D it's great how it improves the original game without removing the original flavor.. And I love the fact that there's no futuristic crazy stuff too. The only thing I'm missing and that I'll try to add by myself is more modern flavor units and more modern leader heads because I love the modern era.. by the way, about the leader heads, I hate it when they don't have interior backgrounds, it doesn't feel right, especially when I'm in the mood for some roleplay kind of gaming.. I also love diplomacy and espionnage, I wonder if it can be improved even more... Oh and I hate how marines become useless so quickly, I wish my modern era battles had some soldiers, not just tanks, mechanized infantry, artillery vehicules etc.. I don't want to just see vehicules blow up.. I want to see my soldiers in their nice uniforms die and get covered in blood damnit ! :D

Hey, great to see that one of my favorite mods ever is still a vibrant center of action here at CivFanatics.

One of these days, I'm going to fire up the old Civ4 Disks and retry some of these great mods again. When I do I'll let you guys hear about my exploits.

Until then, just wanted to pop in and say: Kudos!

Hey, great to see that one of my favorite mods ever is still a vibrant center of action here at CivFanatics.

One of these days, I'm going to fire up the old Civ4 Disks and retry some of these great mods again. When I do I'll let you guys hear about my exploits.

Until then, just wanted to pop in and say: Kudos!

Good to see you too, Anthropoid!

Just to let you guys know... next patch should just be around the corner. Not a huge update as far as changes... biggest update is with Better AI v0.81M.

I'm playtesting a game now, and once I'm happy with it, I'll release it. Hopefully sometime this week...

Just to let you guys know... next patch should just be around the corner. Not a huge update as far as changes... biggest update is with Better AI v0.81M.
I would consider the new Better AI a large change. It is much faster.:goodjob: Great work on this mod Grave!:D It is one of my favorite mods.

PATCH v3.19e HAS BEEN RELEASED!!!!!!!!!

Below is the change log for v3.19e:
Spoiler :

v3.19e
- Updated Better BtS AI/Unofficial Patch to v0.81M by jdog5000
- Enabled Show Hidden Attitude Mod by DaveMcW

Please see Post #2 for download info.

PATCH v3.19e HAS BEEN RELEASED!!!!!!!!!

Below is the change log for v3.19e:
Spoiler :

v3.19e
- Updated Better BtS AI/Unofficial Patch to v0.80M by jdog5000
- Enabled Show Hidden Attitude Mod by DaveMcW

Please see Post #2 for download info.

Great!

Is it savegame from 3.19d?

\Skodkim

every time i try to play this mod it never works, this time the entire interface is gone, and many hotkeys to windows such as the function keys do not work.

every time i try to play this mod it never works, this time the entire interface is gone, and many hotkeys to windows such as the function keys do not work.

You probably didn't install it correctly, or you didn't read the readme or the first four posts in this thread completely, inside and out. 99% of errors (non-gameplay related) can be solved by doing just that! :)

You probably didn't install it correctly, or you didn't read the readme or the first four posts in this thread completely, inside and out. 99% of errors (non-gameplay related) can be solved by doing just that! :)
first of all, I installed it just fine according to your readme,
second of all, your main posts only cover one known issues, and there is no section on known issues besides one related to crashing upon pillaging,
Thridly, i know from thumbing back that I'm not the only one with this issue and you have yet to reply to their post even when they provided a save.

I popped open your readme and while there wasn't any fixes of any kind I did notice something i thought would work, but Deleting resources does nothing, it appears unrelated to the games missing interface problem

Don't know if it matters, but the game start window pops up twice

Top Bottom