[Beyond the Sword] History In The Making

Hello,

I recently had to do a reinstall of windows. I reinstalled windows and all of my games. I cannot get Civ4 Beyond the sword - history in the making, working again. It loads up and I can select all of my settings to start a new game. But when I Launch the game, it starts to load and then I get an error message that reads "Runtime Error...." and something about C++. Any ideas what that could be? Thanks for the help. I hope I can get back to playing this great game soon.

-Ben E Gas

I figured out my problem. I was trying to run the game with a 'planitary' map. I guess my computer couldn't handle that. I now have to select a step down from that, which is fine, because it is a huge map anyway. But now I can finally play civ again!

Yeah, never can get those planetary size maps to generate fully either. Bummer cause I love really huge maps. Seems like I used to be able to get them to generate. However, in late game they get very sketchy.

Hello,

looks like I am not the only one who cannot find the files to download :scan:. Please upload them again!

It seems the file has been deleted from gamefront, any chance for a new upload?

kinda want to check this mod out but the link for it is dead.:p

any chance someone could please reupload History in the Making v4.0 ? Thank you.

Hello,

looks like I am not the only one who cannot find the files to download :scan:. Please upload them again!

Sounds like a great mod but I can't find it on Gamefront.

I second the previous five posts; looks like great fun, hope it gets re uploaded soon.

Wow... I'm pleasantly surprised to see the original HiTM still has a fanbase. :king:

I'm in the process of reuploading to a new file server... I'll post the new link once it's finished.

Sorry it has taken me so long... I find I don't have the time for modding Civ like I used to! :(

But, as promised... I have fixed the broken link for History in the Making v4.00. If you go to the first post in this thread, and then click in the "DOWNLOAD" text like usual, the hyperlink has been corrected.

To be honest, I'm kinda dissapointed with how Civ 5 has turned out. I just can't do the things with it that I wanted.

Maybe... and this is a big maybe... but maybe I will crack open the original HiTM and make one final, final, final update to it. But don't hold me to it. ;)

Thank you for fixing the download. :)

Sorry it has taken me so long... I find I don't have the time for modding Civ like I used to! :(

But, as promised... I have fixed the broken link for History in the Making v4.00. If you go to the first post in this thread, and then click in the "DOWNLOAD" text like usual, the hyperlink has been corrected.

To be honest, I'm kinda dissapointed with how Civ 5 has turned out. I just can't do the things with it that I wanted.

Maybe... and this is a big maybe... but maybe I will crack open the original HiTM and make one final, final, final update to it. But don't hold me to it. ;)

Thanks for the new chance for trying! I also hate Civ5 :mad: , this is the cause why many of us are coming back to Civ4 mods...:D
:thanx:

Woo hoo! HITM is back up! Just got a new computer and have to download all my favorite mods once again so I'm glad I can get this one again! Thank you!

hahah i won't hold you to it but thanks for the re upload stud

If you could, it'd be glorious to take the code to speed turns up from other mods. I really like what your mod does to the pace and balance of the game - and some of the new leaders' AI seem brilliant. Hirohito managed to end up about 250 points ahead of me from a tech lead and tons of wonders - and that's Prince with AggAI on.

but I find the late game turns on my Q9550 taking upwards of 30s on a Standard map with 7-9 AIs where the same in K-Mod is about 5s.

If you could, it'd be glorious to take the code to speed turns up from other mods. I really like what your mod does to the pace and balance of the game - and some of the new leaders' AI seem brilliant. Hirohito managed to end up about 250 points ahead of me from a tech lead and tons of wonders - and that's Prince with AggAI on.

but I find the late game turns on my Q9550 taking upwards of 30s on a Standard map with 7-9 AIs where the same in K-Mod is about 5s.

Perhaps K-Mod isn't the best comparisson. The thrust of that mod is to make BTS smarter and faster.

The idea here is BTS is great, and it would be even better with more features, more options and more map area.

It's kind of like comparing cars...One guy customizes it to squeeze out more horsepower, while the other is adding luxuries like air conditioning. Love them both for what they are.

Perhaps K-Mod isn't the best comparisson. The thrust of that mod is to make BTS smarter and faster.

The idea here is BTS is great, and it would be even better with more features, more options and more map area.

It's kind of like comparing cars...One guy customizes it to squeeze out more horsepower, while the other is adding luxuries like air conditioning. Love them both for what they are.

But if you could take just the speeding-up bits from K-Mod, like elimination of unnecessary/excessive Pyton callbacks, this mod would be improved because it'd take less time between turns on maps with more AIs.

I really like K-Mod for being faster and for smarter AI. I like this mod and now vanilla BTS seems less interesting. The balance changes in this are much more fun, although the Spiritual trait seems really sup-par now.

I noticed one of the Ottoman UUs was the Abus Gun, one of my favorites from AoE 3... may I suggest a conversion of the graphics from AoE 3?

Please isnt here for this mod some Earth map? There is Carters Earth for History in the Making map but when I start it it just say: YOU HAVE BEEN DEFEATED.

Top Bottom